Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
What you will doClient Development Managers (CDMs) work at the intersection of business development, account management, marketing, and client engagement within BCG s most strategic accounts. In this role, you will be embed as a key member of a BCG account team in order to support the full range of activities required to support the client and the account team. You will serve as a thought partner and become the "chief of staff" to the lead Partner(s) on the account, including the Chief Coordinating Officer (CCO), or lead BCG relationship partner. CDMs should be self-starters with outstanding organization and communication skills, who are excited about working in an entrepreneurial environment and who are adept at building relationships.
WHO WE AREBCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
BST is the operational heart of our business and is invaluable to our success. Roles such as finance, human resources, risk, and IT, help propel BCG forward. BST employees support the core of the organization and provide outstanding value to the business.
As a BST member, you will work with inspiring, talented, dedicated, and curious colleagues in an energizing, fast-paced environment in which people are treated with respect and help one another to succeed. Working at BCG provides you with the opportunity to grow through interesting and challenging work and to have an active voice in your personal career development.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
* 8+ Years of working in a professional services firm with experience in account management and client development; consulting background preferred
* Bachelor s degree required; Advanced degree/MBA preferred
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills; strong computer literacy and facility with numbers
* Comfortable communicating in direct client interactions
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and entrepreneurial drive
* Ability to work effectively with all levels and functions of the organization
* Good organizational skills and effective management skills to manage multiple parallel tasks, ability to set priorities
* Performed successfully in a fast-paced, global, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment with people at all organizational levels
* Proactive, creative, self-starter
* Able to prioritize, able to tolerate ambiguity
* Exercises judgment in handling confidential/sensitive information; trustworthy
YOU'RE GOOD ATThe objective of the Client Development Manager role is to provide strategic support to Client Coordinating Officers (CCOs) and client account teams for our largest and most complex clients, supporting the account's business development priorities. You will become an expert on the client, acting as a Chief of Staff to the CCO, identifying client development and growth opportunities, and ensuring strong account performance. Examples of what you will do include driving the client planning process, managing the business pipeline, developing the account marketing strategy, and supporting financial and market analysis, including project pricing. In this role, you will also become an integrated team member of the client account team, coordinating strategic case team activities to ensure effective teaming across Partner teams, non-Partner teams, and supporting functions.
Leading and supporting the full cycle process of client planning:
* Constructing a comprehensive client account plan in partnership with the account team to guide the team's activities and priorities. Ensuring that the day to day execution of the client plan, driving action behind the team ambitions through active project management
* Developing and maintaining the account relationship map and ensure a robust engagement strategy for key relationships is in place, helping the account leadership drive the development of deep and personal client relationships
* Managing the account marketing plan, including the distribution of mailings
* Coordinating and managing feedback from clients, including analysis of surveys and senior leadership interviews
Serving as an expert client resource and maintaining robust client information and knowledge:
* Maintaining baseline/background client information (proposal tracking, investor presentations, marketing information, investment history, client references, etc). Monitor client news, earnings/ analyst views, financial information and derive actionable insights
* Tracking broader industry trends and changes to help the account leadership understand the broader market landscape
* Identifying potential white space opportunities for the account and conduct quantitative analysis as needed
* Attending and actively participating in internal practice areas and functional topic conferences to stay on top of relevant industry trends and hot topics, and be the account lead on bringing the best of BCG to the client
* Creating and measuring value on the account:
* Examples can include managing a rate card negotiation, developing an account dashboard, or conducting post-case value measurement
* Selectively engaging with the client directly, as appropriate, and at the discretion of the BCG account team.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.