Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Follows program schedule with minimal supervision. Follows program rules and guidelines
and ensures patient compliance with same.
2. Is courteous and professional to patients, family members and significant others.
3. Completes patient procedures accurately and within time frame as specified by hospital
4. Completes required documentation specific to position in a clear and concise manner.
Documentation shows understanding of patient and unit goals.
5. Attends scheduled hospital inservices and completes staff education attendance record.
Reads and initials articles that are posted on unit. Seeks opportunities for education and
6. Practices good hand-washing techniques, follows Universal Precautions.
7. Alerts supervisors to risk management and quality concerns.
8. Dresses appropriately to position.
9. Flexible and positive in accepting responsibility for patients leisure time and maintenance,
therapeutic milieu. Shows creativity in planning patients free time. Is involved and
physically active in all aspects of patients program.
10. Checks with RN prior to and at end of shift for report and direction. Communicates
observations clearly and alerts RN to pertinent and/or high risk changes in patient conditions.
11. Displays consistency and is positive in interactions with others. Accepts criticism and
suggestions. Maintains safe boundaries with patients and co-workers, uses self disclosure
12. Willingly serves as preceptor to new employees and role-models positive images.
13. Facilitate activity focused program groups. Has necessary materials available. Groups
begin and end on time. Pertinent information is clearly communicated to the unit RN. Demonstrates
and teaches good sportsmanship.
14. Incorporates service specific knowledge (child, adolescent, sexually reactive children, sex
offender, or dual diagnosis/chemical dependency) into daily activities.
a. Utilizes developmental and program specific knowledge in the delivery of patient
b. Has sound understanding of mental health and program specific issues.
c. Understand and demonstrates the ability to prioritize the patient s needs according to
the treatment plan.
d. Facilitates groups as assigned demonstrating understanding of group process and the
disease concepts of each specific diagnosis group.
15. Maintains up to date CPR certification.
16. Willingly accepts additional responsibilities outside routine job functions.
17. Will adhere to all safety policies and safe work practice.
18. Will attend hospital safety trainings.
19. Will adhere to all hospital policies and procedures.
20. Will report all accidents immediately.
Provides routine non-acute physical care, for the patient, as well as, educational groups based on
needs identified in the Master Treatment Plan.
About Universal Health Services:
One of the nation s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America s Top 500 Public Companies. Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
About Rivendell Behavior Health:
Rivendell Behavioral Health Hospital, is a 125 bed Joint Commission accredited hospital, which provides the highest quality psychiatric care to children and adolescents in crisis, teen with substance abuse, adults with chemical dependency issues, and senior adults. The hospital is located on a 49-acre campus in the heart of South Central Kentucky in Bowling Green. We have earned our place as a provider of choice. Patient safety and confidentiality in treatment are top priorities.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.