Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
EMT BASIC - DOCTORS AMBULANCE IN LAGUNA HILLS, CA
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
The EMT is frequently the first or second contact with whom AMR customers, especially patients, have interaction. As a result, the EMT must be responsive and adaptable to meet customers expectations. The EMT must adapt to the changes in scope of delivery and practices. This may require adapting to new delivery protocols, or training curriculum to maintain certification.
An increasing challenge is adapting to the changing nature of healthcare delivery in the United States. With healthcare reform, regulatory changes, and changing reimbursement, the EMT profession is evolving. The EMT must recognize that an expansion of his/her role is necessary to meet the needs of those individuals served. The role now expands beyond the foundational work of providing compassionate and clinically competent care. The EMT must consider the use of appropriate facilities and understand the reimbursement structure in order to transport the patient to the right facility and ensure payment. The end result decreases customer stress, avoids care delays due to reimbursement constraints, eliminates unnecessary multiple patient transports, and increases customer satisfaction. Growing economic pressures also require the EMT to think of his/her actions and their financial impact.
The EMT is often the focal point for interaction with the fire department and other service providers, as well as other responding agencies, such as the police department. To provide successful response, all agency personnel must work together.
In addition, the delivery of care is often provided to individuals who are afraid or even panicked. Further, service delivery is being provided in communities with increasingly diverse populations.
Finally, changing technology requires the EMT to keep up-to-date with new ways of communicating, documenting and reporting.
Key Internal Customers and Suppliers:
* His/her partner, who may be another EMT, a Paramedic or a Nurse
* The Communications Center professional who provides them the information they need to respond to calls successfully
* Field supervisors, who provide support and guidance on how to perform at his/her best
* Clinical personnel, to grow and stay abreast of the current clinical demands in the medical field
* Fleet and materials management personnel, who ensure the unit is running properly and stocked appropriately
* Peers and colleagues, to regularly share experiences and best practices
* Representatives of the human resources function regarding employment concerns
* Operations personnel responsible for scheduling
Key External Customers and Suppliers
* The paramount relationship for the EMT is with the patient and his/her loved ones, who need assurance and compassion as well as medical care
* Works regularly with facility staff who are responsible for receiving patients, providing medical control or direction, and/or prepare patients for transport
* Partners with fire, police and other agencies during emergency calls to ensure safe, efficient actions are taken
* Has regular contact with the public at large during calls and may also interact with government/regulatory agencies and the media. In these situations, the EMT must demonstrate the appropriate image of AMR
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol
* Utilize medical equipment to assess patient and carry out basic life support functions
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls
* Assist paramedic or nurse with the preparation of advanced life support equipment
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
* Current EMT-1 card issued within the State of California. (in order to be considered for an interview you must have atleast applied for your state license)
* Current ORANGE COUNTY Medical Transportation Providers License -or- EMT ACCREDITATION card.
* Current California Driver's License.
* Current CPR For Healthcare Providers (Level C) Card.
* Current Medical Examiners Certificate.
* DMV K-4 Print out - Online version not acceptable must be original from the DMV, 30 days current
* Current DMV Special (Ambulance) Drivers Certificate.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled