Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more.
Balfour Beatty Construction in Savannah, Georgia is seeking a Laborer to join our team. The Laborer activities are coordinated with the Carpenter Foreman, Project Manager and/or the Superintendent to maintain productivity of the jobsite.
* Performs a variety of tasks to maintain the productivity of the job site. Tasks can include:
* Manual labor including but not limited to job site cleaning and maintenance
* Stocking and moving of job site material
* Works daily with brooms, wheelbarrows and small hand tools
* High school diploma preferred and on-the-job training required.
* Minimum 1 years or more of field or labor experience on a commercial construction site.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
* Must be able to read safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of truck, tools and equipment, and methods and procedures.
* Understands safety rules and tool / equipment instructions.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm , we are challenging the construction industry s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.