Perform design, drafting and other duties required for the creation and maintenance of 3D models, 2D drawings, component documentation, and bill of materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and models components and assemblies in 3D CAD environment including sheet metal, piping, weldments, sub assemblies and complete units.
- Integrates mechanical and electromechanical components into 3D models.
- Creates 2D component, assembly, and piping drawings from 3D models.
- Creates 2D schematics in 2D environment.
- Creates engineering documentation related to the design of HVAC equipment such as design spreadsheets and SAP bill of materials.
- Provides engineering support and generates technical information for sales, marketing, applications engineering, production and field service groups.
- Process Engineering Change Notices for changes to orders released to manufacturing.
- Participate in design reviews to determine feasibility of proposed designs and offer opinions for product improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one year college or trade school education in drafting or related area with minimum two years on the job experience or
- Minimum four years on the job experience with SolidWorks or comparable 3D CAD software.
- Minimum four years on the job experience with AutoCAD or comparable 2D CAD software.
- Knowledge of mechanical drawing and dimensioning practices.
- SolidWorks and/or sheet metal design knowledge preferred
- Experience with SAP preferred
Ability to read and understand English instructions.
Individuals, as a minimum, must possess basic Algebra skills.