Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
As a Tesla Manufacturing Engineer, you have the important role of designing The Machine that builds the Machine . You will work closely with the cross-functional teams (Design, Quality, Production, Sustaining, and Supply Chain) throughout the entire lifecycle of a product (from initial design through prototype development and into full production) to develop high quality and efficient manufacturing equipment and processes that will produce the power electronics that drive our cars and energy products. This will be an extremely hands-on position with both equipment and data.
Process Development & High Volume Manufacturing
* Conduct exploratory studies to identify assembly processes to meet challenging product requirements
* Identify critical process parameters and conduct experiments using Design of Experiments (DOE) methods to determine sensitivity and acceptable process windows
* Develop cause and effect analysis, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and control plan
* Troubleshoot and identify corrective measures to critical equipment (mechanical, electrical, thermal, optical etc.) related problems
* Conduct installation and qualification of tools using Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), Process Stability and Capability, and equipment/process matching
* Enable Statistical Process Control (SPC) and create standard operation and maintenance procedures to support the transition to sustainable production
* Execute data driven root cause analysis as part of reject validation and excursion investigations
* Drive continuous improvement & optimization activities to meet production targets including availability, quality, and performance
* Solve manufacturing challenges (e.g. process capabilities, efficiency, cost) through descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics methods
* Build data pipelines to enable operational and exploratory analysis
* Define and standardize metrics, and implement reports and dashboards using data visualization tools
* BS/MS/PhD in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics (or equivalent)
* Hands-on experience in building/troubleshooting electromechanical systems and acquiring experimental data
* Experience with querying, aggregating, analyzing, and visualizing data
* Proficiency with scripting (Python), querying (SQL), and statistical (JMP) languages/programs (or equivalent)
* Strong understanding of Statistical Analysis, Design of Experiments (DOE), Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility (GRR), Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and other Six Sigma Tools
* Experience with machine/deep learning techniques are a bonus
* Minimum of 1 year experience in an automated manufacturing environment (including internships)
* Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines of multiple simultaneous projects and challenges
* Strong problem solving skills and aptitude for learning systems quickly
* Communicate effectively with direct team and peers within a manufacturing and engineering organization. This includes exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
* Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.