Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
For more than 30 years, CDPHP has been providing outstanding health care coverage in the Capital Region of New York and beyond. Based in Albany, NY, the physician-guided not-for-profit offers plans in 24 counties. CDPHP cares deeply about the health and well-being of its members as well as its employees. The company values integrity, diversity, and innovation, and its corporate culture supports those values wholeheartedly. At CDPHP, the employees have a voice and are encouraged to make an impact at both the company and community levels through engagement and volunteer opportunities. CDPHP invests in employees who share these values and invites you to be a part of that experience.
The Sales Executive will be responsible for prospecting, meeting sales quotas, sales projections and closing sales within assigned territory. Will also be responsible for preparing and executing a small group strategy. The Sales Executive will be responsible for developing and delivering presentations to brokers, potential employer groups and potential members. The Sales Executive will represent CDPHP by actively participating in community events promoting the benefits of CDPHP to potential clients. The Sales Executive will also be responsible for regular contact with brokers in their assigned territory as well as the solicitation of new brokers for the express purpose of increasing CDPHP s market share through the broker community. The Sales Executive will work closely with the Director and Product Innovation to clearly articulate the needs of potential clients.
* Associates degree required. 3 years relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
* NYS Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required or secured after 90 days of hire.
* Minimum of four (4) year s experience and proven success in sales or account management required.
* Experience in business to business sales and/or group health insurance preferred.
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required.
* Demonstrated ability at public speaking and/or facilitation of meetings required.
* Demonstrated ability to actively listen, offer solutions and provide information and guidance required
* Demonstrated ability to develop sales strategy for assigned territory
* Demonstrated ability to develop a call strategy including cold calls, networking and referrals
* Demonstrated ability to translate technical health insurance language to key stakeholders
* Demonstrated ability to negotiate solutions between CDPHP and employer groups.
* Demonstrated ability to overcome objections and sell against our competition.
* Working knowledge of computers preferably SalesForce.
* Must have access to reliable transportation. If driving a vehicle for CDPHP business, employee must have valid driver s license, current inspection and appropriate insurance coverage in effect at all times.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, CDPHP will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.