Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Want to hear something crazy* Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%* PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we re the experts! We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say parking is our industry but people are our passion. Our mission is to create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients . If you re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Shuttle Driver position is responsible for the effective, efficient and safe transportation, loading and unloading of passengers & employees to and from the airport terminal and employee parking, and to ensure that all activities support the safety and welfare of all passengers.
* Reliable and punctual attendance is paramount to this position.
* Works well with others and is a strong team player.
* Greet customers, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, display a caring attitude, and develop a rapport with all passengers.
* When greeting every passenger and offer to lift and carry baggage onto the shuttle or luggage trailer for storage.
* Anticipate guest needs wherever possible and exhibit a sincere desire to meet or exceed them
* Assist passengers with general information about local area.
* To work with and without supervision and follow direction of supervisors when requests are made.
* Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
* Provide daily transportation for passengers to and from destinations.
* Perform pre- and post-inspection activities to ensure proper operating conditions, adherence to Company & DOT standards, and compliance with proper safety and maintenance standards.
* Assist passengers when boarding and exiting the vehicle. Ensure the loading and unloading of passengers to and from destinations, to include operation of specialized equipment for unloading passenger with special needs, (i.e. wheel chair lifts and tie-downs).
* Provide customers with a space reminder & educate passengers where to catch the shuttle upon their return to the airport location Inform guests/visitors of parking services and fees, direct and announce them to their intended destination pick up/ drop off points and offer an appropriate closing comment using the loud speaker.
* Prepare and submit accident / incident reports in a timely manner.
* Perform daily/ routine cleaning and shuttle maintenance activities; maintain neat and orderly appearance to include assigned uniforms.
* Exercise care in the handling of funds and reporting of lost articles.
* Conduct re-fueling activities, to include maintaining assigned fuel usage logs.
* Comply with Federal DOT requirements, State driving regulations, city and Airport safety rules and procedures.
* Establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with passengers, co-workers, supervisors, managers, etc.
* Use two-way radio to interact and communicate professionally with dispatch office and/or supervisor.
* Report accidents, problems, and other required shuttle information (both mechanical and cosmetic) to management in a timely manner.
* Keep the shuttle bus secure and follow all safety procedures.
* Maintain alertness and be observant of any activity, both authorized and unauthorized, and take appropriate actions.
* Adhere to all safety codes and OSHA standards.
* Respond to all guest/visitor inquiries and resolve service/ customer discrepancies accordingly in a respectable manner.
* Perform other related/ additional duties and tasks as assigned.
* Must have valid Class A or B license and have at least 2 years of licensed driving experience.
* Must have a passenger endorsement.
* Must have an unexpired Medical Certificate.
* Must be able to submit and pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
* Must be at least 20 years of age.
* Must be able to meet the following MVR guidelines.
* Have a clean driving record (no moving violations in 3 years and no DUI convictions, suspended license, etc.).
* No active reckless driving violations (within 3 years).
* No active leave the scene, vehicular homicide/assault violations.
* No more than one "Minor" violation in a 3 year period (accident, speeding 21+ mph, other moving violations).
* Maintain a professional appearance (no body piercings or visible tattoos on forearms or legs).
* Reliable transportation to and from work.
* Ability to communicate professionally by conveying information effectively.
* Must possess outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
* Ability to speak, read, and comprehends the English language.
* Ability to work flexible shifts/ hours (days, evenings, weekends, holidays), including overtime, peak volume periods, vacated shifts
* Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
* Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
* Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
* Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work in the elements -- heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
* Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
* Ability to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
* Ability to drive continuously in the designated shuttle for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
* Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
* Ability to apply pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
* Ability to perform functions that require repetitive motions using hands, wrists and arms.
* Ability to perform functions that require repetitive motions using ankles, knees and hips.
* Ability to express or exchange information, instructions, ideas, etc. by means of the spoken word.
* Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.