Experienced commodity manager with experience executing global sourcing and supply chain initiatives, strategic planning, and global procurement of raw materials and components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and drives strategic direction across multiple categories
- Lead, mentor, and coach members of a commodity team (2-3 direct reports)
- Experienced in continually driving a cultural shift in the organization with sustainable results
- Provide supplier evaluation and selection, contract drafting and negotiation, relationship management and business awards.
- Interfaces with other departments and outside suppliers resolving any purchasing related problems that may arise. Provide product availability to Production Control and Manufacturing.
- Maintains a cost saving approach to purchasing by continual investigation of new sources of supply and new processes on a global basis.
- Coordinate efforts to review make vs. buy decisions, supplier quality improvement, advance quality planning and continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement offshoring / outsourcing strategies to provide optimized supply chain solutions
- Measure supplier performance and provide reports to operations management and back to suppliers to encourage continual improvement of processes and products/services.
- Participate and support in design and development teams and new product introduction.
- Develop strategy and analysis to support effective negotiation.
- Negotiate annual buys and long-term agreements.
- Project manages programs that deliver best-in-class cost and savings opportunities.
- Monitors pertinent markets and defines how changes will impact supply and pricing conditions.
- Maintains updated purchasing records ensuring accuracy of input and reliability.
- Forecasts and performs associated duties to meet departmental financial deliverables, goals, and objectives.
- Travels several times a year, either in a group or alone, to visit current or prospective suppliers domestically and internationally.
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in executing purchasing initiatives, strategic planning and global procurement in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing direct reports
- Working knowledge of assembly and manufacturing processes.
- Thorough knowledge of Purchasing Law and Uniform Commercial Code.
- Proficient in MRP, OEM’s, J.I.T; and Oracle or JD Edwards software.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in purchasing steel and zinc castings, stampings, build to print tooling, aluminum extrusions and aluminum castings.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field. MBA preferred.
- CPM or APICS certification a plus.