Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
The Aquatic Coordinator, working as part of the branch management team, will deliver professional customer service and relationship building skills to create a welcoming environment at the YMCA and within the YMCA aquatic program. The Coordinator will be responsible for programming to include swim lessons, swim team, open swim, special events and program development. The Coordinator will assure a safe and clean aquatic department for members and guests. The incumbent will also exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA.
1. Maintain safety in pool at all times. You will guard the pool using YMCA approved techniques and procedures.
2. Report to work when scheduled and on time. Report all schedule changes to your supervisor immediately.
3. Be dressed in appropriate attire (uniform) and identifiable with a nametag/name posted in pool area at all times.
4. Educate participants to all pool rules and enforce rules as required.
5. Be familiar with and act on all emergency procedures. Follow and enforce all YMCA procedures and policies, including: personnel guidelines, facility access procedures and membership policies.
6. Remain current on all mandatory trainings and attend all required staff meetings. Be tested periodically on CPR, First Aid, and any other applicable safety procedures.
7. Report all accidents and incidents to your supervisor immediately using proper forms.
8. Maintain a clean and safe YMCA. Take initiative to clean up and/or repair areas as noted.
9. Be visible to members at all times-work towards branch membership retention goals.
10. Provide quality customer service at all times.
11. Be knowledgeable and supportive of the YMCA annual support campaign.
12. Communicate participant concerns to your supervisor.
13. Perform chemical checks as indicated.
14. Wear protective gear when handling biohazard materials.
15. Be present for members at all times; work closely and communicate effectively with Aquatic Director.
16. Be trained, willing and available to teach swim lessons and water exercise classes.
17. Perform as pool operator and be responsible for pool maintenance and reports.
18. Assist with supervision of guard and swim instructors.
19. Assist with the hiring and supervising lifeguards.
20. Ensure all staff report to work when scheduled and are on time. Report all schedule changes to yoursupervisor immediately.
21. Ensure that lifeguards are maintaining safety in the pool at all times through rule enforcement and properscanning techniques.
22. Maintain current certifications on all staff.
23. Administer drop drills and keep accurate records.
24. Assist with monthly lifeguard in-services and keep accurate records.
25. Assist with developing and monitoring of annual budget, program development and marketing.
26. Perform any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
27. HAVE FUN!
Supervises all part-time lifeguards, instructors and swim coaches.