BE/ B Tech / Product certifications especially for Cloud products
• ▪ Understand various functional and non functional requirements.
• ▪ Break down the requirements into smaller modules.
• ▪ Apply knowledge of product provided frameworks for effective design.
• ▪ Provide inputs for categorizing critical and noncritical requirements.
• ▪ Develop proof of concept.
• ▪ Implement key integration patterns using relevant integration technology.
• ▪ Understand implications of performance and security in solutions.
• ▪ Provide inputs in designing end to end solution from a technical perspective.
• ▪ Review and approve system architecture design.
• ▪ Expert knowledge of development lifecycles such as Agile methodologies.
• ▪ Present the architecture to customers and seek signoff.
• ▪ Work on specific test cases for technology intensive modules such as multicloud integrations, cloud security.
• ▪ Analyze allocated task and understand BRD, low level and high level design.
• ▪ Allocate modules to developers for coding.
• ▪ Provide guidance to developers and set standards.
• ▪ Understand and educate the team on the database concepts.
• ▪ Write efficient queries and understand logical and physical data models ▪ Review pseudo codes written by developers and provide a go ahead for code development.
• ▪ Prepare for incremental code creation and unit testing.
• ▪ Oversee development process and update Project Manager on development progress.
• ▪ Identify future product version releases and implications on code.
• ▪ Use internal reusable components or vendor specified accelerators for coding.
• ▪ Review final codes written by developers on adherence to standards/functionality and approve for testing.
• follow up with Developers to ensure integration of components (input / output).
• ▪ Troubleshoot critical technical issues.
• ▪ Address and resolve escalations related to critical technical issues.
• ▪ Prepare weekly/monthly reports on the project and share with client/Project Manager.
• Ensure all system builds are prepared on time.
• ▪ Review test cases written by team Provide support for development of integration test cases as required.
• ▪ Participate in defect triage meetings with the team and identify actions to reduce defects.
• ▪ Include positive and negative test cases to check functionality.
• ▪ Check if peer review is completed at each step of test execution.
• ▪ Review, analyze and validate results.
• ▪ Follow up with team assigned for rework on code defects and close the same.
• align technical component testing with sprint methodologies of testing.
• ▪ Attend QA audits as and when required.
• ▪ Monitor system builds Signoff on test cases created by team.
• ▪ Discuss results / actions from NFR testing and signoff on the same for system testing / NFR.
• ▪ Collaborate with Cloud Success Managers on signoff of cloud custom components (as needed).
• ▪ Suggest and leverage automated testing tools for performance validation.
• Deployment Support and Closure.
• ▪ Create strategy for roll back.
• ▪ Conduct dry run on pilots.
• ▪ Monitor the processes are being followed.
• ▪ Document changes in the system.
• ▪ Resolve issues that arise during project deployment/ closure.
• ▪ Check that all action items mentioned in the deployment checklist have been completed.
• ▪ Post final acceptance, conduct all closure schedules.
• ▪ Provide support in creation of a final project report.
• ▪ Conduct handover to AVM team.
• ▪ Monitor all system/security administration activities and ensure all audit requirements are met.
• Service Support and Maintenance Release Management.
• ▪ Review incident/problem/change management plan created by team.
• ▪ Track issue/problem resolution.
• ▪ Conduct RCA.
• ▪ Define communication and issue resolution matrix.
• ▪ Drive and implement best practices for resolution of issues.
• ▪ Liaise with business users/SMEs to resolve issues if required.
• ▪ Review patch fixes created to prevent recurrence of complex problems ▪ Track adherence to SLAs.
• ▪ Guide team members in the course of incident/ problem management.
• ▪ Conduct change impact assessment.
• Collate change records.
• ▪ Share change records with relevant stakeholders.
• Knowledge Management.
• ▪ Create and update knowledge articles in the knowledge management repository.
• ▪ Provide guidance to team members to maintain all documentation related to project.
• ▪ Conduct KT sessions.
• ▪ Create knowledge articles on the problem, workaround solutions.
• Monitor and report the usage of knowledge articles.
• Maintain knowledge management database.
• Training and Recruitment / People Management.
• ▪ Provide assistance in selection of representative employee groups for training.
• ▪ Conduct training.
• Mentor team members in project teams with respect to product and domain skills on projects.
• ▪ Conduct technical, face to face interviews with candidates and support recruitment process.
• ▪ Set goals for team members and monitor performance.
• ▪ Coordinate with the project/program manager in understanding how the employee can better contribute to the project, seek feedback and address concerns.
• ▪ Conduct performance appraisal for team members.
• ▪ Organize team initiatives on a periodic basis.
• Project Planning and Set up.
• ▪ Understand resource plan.
• ▪ Plan for knowledge enrichment, change management and quality management.
• ▪ Conduct estimation of time utilization of different resources and activities ▪ Identify appropriate processes based on project landscape.
• ▪ Identify gaps and advise on improvements if required.
• ▪ Share inputs in creation of project plan with Project Manager.
• ▪ Review hardware/software requirement plan.
• ▪ Validate system build.
• Understand the test strategy, evaluate the design and identify gaps in the test plans, if any.
• ▪ Define KT plan.
• ▪ Customize project management system.
• ▪ Define standards and set Cognizant 20.
• ▪ Provide all support required during presales activities.
• Requirement Gathering and Analysis.
• ▪ Understand the requirements from clients/ functional consultants.
• ▪ Participate in client calls and seek clarifications.
• ▪ Relay information gathered to the team.
• ▪ Create a requirements traceability matrix.
• ▪ Provide inputs during creation of operational concepts and scenarios.
• ▪ Perform requirements feasibility with regards to testing and implementation.
• ▪ Identify interface touch points, interfaces, and services requirements.
• ▪ Analyze NFRs.
• Solution Conceptualization.
• ▪ Participate / collaborate with Technology specialists in building solution POCs for identified minor components.
• ▪ Document solution design sections assigned Ensure accelerators / reusables are leveraged in the solutions built.
• Solution Definition and Design.
• ▪ Provide support to specialists during requirement gathering (technical and infrastructure perspective during downstream assessment) to other teams.
• ▪ Interact with client to understand their requirements.
• ▪ Interact with domain/ product architects and provide requirements to design solution.
• ▪ Collaborate with delivery team to develop HLD/ functional design.
• ▪ Create infrastructure architecture for project based on the requirements.
• ▪ Collaborate with product infrastructure teams to raise timely requests for instances / infra availability.
• Project Support.
• ▪ Conduct technical reviews and audits for checklists and work packages ▪ Report weekly status and walkthrough to the Project Manager / Client.
• ▪ Followup with customer POC to resolve team issues and any other dependencies.
• ▪ Work with cloud infra providers to address issues relating to performance, scalability.
• ▪ Raise concerns regarding changes in timelines with Client and facilitate resolution.
• ▪ Measure and report the actual effort against the estimated effort and ensure task progress reporting in C20.
• ▪ Technical lead will also lead conversations with cloud product vendors on roadmap / architecture discussions as needed by clients.
• Asset Development and Governance.
• ▪ Share ideas with Technical specialist on opportunity areas for asset / reusable / tools development.
• ▪ Provide inputs into challenges faced during development.
|Proficiency Level *
|Proficiency Level *
|Order to Cash Order Management
* Proficiency Legends
|The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
|The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.
|The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.
|The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.