Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
K12 believes in education for everyone. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
The ELA Instructional Coach researches and provides teachers with information and guidance regarding innovative literacy practices, conducts/facilitates pilots of instructional materials and implementations, and measures the effectiveness of these efforts by monitoring student progress and using performance data to continually adjust and improve upon student literacy.
The mission of MVCA is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
As An ELA Instructional Coach, You Will...
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Researches and provides content knowledge, resources and guidance regarding a range of effective and innovative literacy practices; Imparts knowledge and supports teachers through activities such as introducing new teaching strategies, assessment techniques and results interpretation as well as preparing resource materials for use by districts, conducting one-to-one discussions and coaching sessions, demonstrating lessons with pre-and post-discussions analysis, conducting study groups, participating in staff meetings and professional development;
* Coordinates/facilitates pilots of instructional materials and software implementations;
* Monitors student progress through K12's interactive lessons and daily assessments;
* Coordinates/facilitates reading intervention initiatives for students in grades K-6
* Collects and reviews work samples; Grades work, as appropriate;
* Alerts administrators to any concerns about student performance and progress;
* Maintains the confidentiality of school, teachers, and classrooms.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to help describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; other duties may be assigned.
* Collaborates with the national network of K12 teachers;
* Builds community by contributing to school message boards, newsletter and events;
* Maintains paperwork consistently, appropriately and in a timely manner.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
* Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing
* Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and
* Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Get To Know MVCA !
Michigan Virtual Charter Academy
Behind The Scenes
A Day In The Life
Do You Strive To Deliver Excellent Instruction, Support, And Guidance To Students* Are You Driven To Focus On Students' Individual Needs* Do You Excel At Managing The Learning Process*
If Selected, You Will Participate In A Year-long, Comprehensive New Teacher Training And Induction Program That Includes Learning About K12 Resources, Our Culture And How To Work On Our Platforms. This Program Provides An Opportunity To Meet Colleagues And Learn The Responsibilities Required For Delivering Curriculum In An Online Environment. You Will Also Learn How To Monitor Student Progress Through K12's Learning Management System, And To Be A Partner Actively Working With Students And Parents To Advance Each Child's Learning
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Education or related field of study AND
* Five (5) years teaching experience AND
* Two (2) years of successful coaching/mentoring experience
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses:
* Hold a bachelor's degree or higher and an add on certification for literacy coach, Or
* Hold a master's degree of higher in reading or a closely related field and be pursing the requirement qualifications in coaching, Or
* Hold a bachelor's degree or higher and are enrolled and actively pursuing the literacy coach endorsement by enrollment in an SCDE approved program.
* ****Applicants that do not upload their ELA Coach cert to their profile will need to make it clear at the top of their resume where they stand in certification.*****
* Upload your state certification to your K12 profile.
Other Required Qualifications:
* Strong coaching and mentoring skills
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Ability to travel up to 25% of time
* Ability to pass required background check
* Master's degree in Education
* Media specialist certification
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is a home based position.
WHO ARE WE*
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer. By signing below the incumbent acknowledges that she/he has reviewed and is familiar with the contents of this job description.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.