Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
POSITION: Java Developer-10590
JOB ID: 4302-RCAT-4
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
ENGAGEMENT LENGTH IN MONTHS:
WHAT ARE THE DAILY WORK HOURS*
WHERE IS THE PHYSICAL WORK OFFICE LOCATED*
2 Metrotech Center Brooklyn, NY 11201
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* Serves and guiding technical specialist responsible for analyzing management system, integration and implementation, and complex system deployment in an effort to support enterprise-wide strategy for operations and monitoring in support of the SESIS migration.
* Develops, configures, deploys and tests complex tools and toolsets, scripts and related systems, and recommends, performs and implements tool enhancement initiatives in an effort to support and improve existing processes.
* Analyzes and provides recommendations for the tailoring and use of operational process models that are based on accepted industry standards, e.g. ITIL and TMF.
* Interacts with an Engineering Team to provide and develop technology planning, standards and design for the Network Management Group responsible for the overall network architecture, technology deployment and support processes for network management technologies in the Network Operation Center.
* 7 years of experience working with UNIX, LINUX scripting.
* 7 years of experience working with SQL syntax and experience writing database queries.
* 7 years of experience working with networking protocols such as EIGRP, HTTP, SSH, SCP, SFTP, SNMP
* Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.