Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Your role with the company:
The Community Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of a 100 unit affordable housing community including the supervision of office and maintenance functions in compliance with all company policies and procedures and all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes.
Location: Lansing, MI
- Supervise accounts payable/receivable.
- Understanding of Operating Statements and Financial Budgets is a must.
- Supervise all marketing, leasing and administrative functions for Section 8 and Tax Credit property.
- Supervise site-specific program administration, ensure compliance with each applicable agency (HDC, HCR, HUD, etc)
- Tenant/landlord relations.
- Supervise day-to-day maintenance operations.
- Financial analysis and reporting.
- Develop property budget.
- Special projects as assigned.
Benefits and features:
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
- Affordable Housing and section 8 experience strongly preferred
- Experience in property management
- Must have COS, TCS, and real estate licenses
- Strong leadership and accounting skills are a must
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills)
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with Onesite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits/debits/re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments demonstrate the company s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.