Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Bristol Myers Squibb is a leading global biopharma company focused on discovering, developing and delivering innovative medicines for patients with serious diseases. We are focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, hematology, immunology, cardiovascular and fibrosis.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Translational Early Development, the Translational Early Program Lead will be part of the Immunology, Cardiovascular, Fibrosis, and Global Health (ICFG) Thematic Research Center (TRC) based in Princeton or Summit, NJ. Working in a cross functional team, the individual will be responsible for the development of the clinical biomarker strategy for early stage drug development programs in cardiovascular and fibrotic diseases. This individual will also have matrixed responsibilities to guide research programs within the translational research laboratories, and will act as the translational development ICFG TRC representative in early development teams and assume primary responsibilities, such as interacting with CROs and KOLs to support contracting, sample analysis, and data delivery and interpretation of biomarkers in clinical studies. The successful candidate will have prior experience interacting with project teams, clinical research physicians, statisticians, computational biologists, contract research organizations and translational scientists to deliver science that accelerates the development of medicines for patients in need.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Ph.D. and 10+ years of biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry and/or relevant experience. Candidate must be a rigorous, detail-oriented scientist, with excellent record keeping and organizational skills. Must be a highly flexible, results oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Contributing to research program and business.
• Subject matter leader.
• Broad knowledge of multiple functional technologies.
• In-depth understanding of function as it relates to project.
• Functional area expert with skills, theoretical knowledge and experience to apply scientific direction and approach to projects and problems.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Completes technical assignments by designing, executing and interpreting complex experiments.
• Recommends department level strategic decisions.
• May lead scientifically on cross functional assignments.
• Manages and/or coordinates workflow on projects.
• Apply diverse scientific knowledge to assignments.
• Development of research tools.
• Interpret results.
• Helps design operational strategies consistent with department goals.
• Provides input and makes recommendations to research strategies.
Creativity and Problem Solving:
• Identify & solve multi-faceted challenges.
• Recognizes problems and is able to recommend and develop appropriate solutions from prior experience, literature, or collaboration.
• Identify risks.
• Contributes ideas and develops/presents a scientific case (or position) inside and outside department/group.
Teamwork and Influence:
• Communicates with cross functional team.
• Directly impacts the achievement of workgroup/team goals.
• Represents workgroup/team or department on multi-disciplinary or cross functional teams.
• Work across departments.
• Direct impact on departmental performance.
• Impact is achieved by driving team efforts.
• Able to conceptualize broad impact of research programs and personal activities
• Champions change
• Leads courageously
• Provides directions
• Structuring and staffing
• Thinks strategically
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.