Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a Best Firm to Work For by CE News. We offer a workplace ripe with rewarding opportunities while cultivating a healthy work-life balance. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. Take a closer look at all that makes Timmons Group unique: diverse talents, challenging assignments, interesting projects, culture of learning and a flexible family-friendly work environment. Competitive salaries and a generous benefits package strengthen the advantages we offer. For more information, visit: www.timmons.com.
We are always accepting applications from experienced Senior Project Engineer candidates to join our team. While we may not have an immediate need at your level in your location of choice, we can hold on to your application for future needs. We typically hire project managers with experience in the following areas:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
* As an individual contributor, uses professional judgment to direct and independently complete assigned engineering designs.
* Actively assists the Project Manager or acts as Project Manager and assigns tasks and schedules to Project Engineers and project team members, answers questions and monitors progress.
* Checks the accuracy (formal and informal QA/QC) of assigned tasks completed by other engineering and technical staff.
* Makes major design decisions that meet the needs of external customers while coordinating the impact of such decisions on related project efforts.
* Pro-actively identifies technical, schedule or financial issues and seeks resolution from the Project Manager and/or the client as appropriate to the situation.
* Assists the client in bidding or contractor selection if authorized by the Project Manager.
* Monitors construction and supervises field personnel assigned to a task, data collection or a specific project.
* Responds to contractor questions and issues and prepares and issues project addenda as needed.
* Recommends and prepares change orders.
* Participates in the creation of engineering services proposals, including the calculation/estimation of time schedules and costs of the proposed work.
* Signs and seals engineering documents as an authorized representative of the company.
* Independently communicates on technical matters with the client.
* Acts as technical expert on assigned projects when operating as an individual contributor, and acts as Project Manager on smaller scope or specialty projects as assigned.
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
* Must have a bachelors or masters degree in engineering, or a scientific area and/or equivalent work experience.
* Professionally registered (P.E., L.S.) in one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business strongly preferred.
* Must possess seven or more years of design/engineering experience and a demonstrated ability to act as an authorized agent of the company to sign engineering documents.
* Must be capable of correctly operating technical analysis equipment and computer equipment.
* Must possess strong technical verbal and technical writing skills, and be able to read technical literature and engineering plans.
* Must demonstrate two-way communication to effectively work with internal staff and external clients.
* Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, and be able to apply professional knowledge to the solution of both routine and non-routine tasks and engineering activities.
* Is expected to participate in external activities representing the firm, including membership/leadership in professional associations, public task forces/committees or other community/technical outreach opportunities.
* Must exhibit maturity, professionalism, and a willingness to solve internal and external client problems.
* Is expected to develop financial project management skills through assigned project work and assigned project management assignments.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company's Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.