Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
# of Openings
We are looking for a highly proactive leader who has a passion for science, new product development, continuous improvement and actively working with teams to achieve business goals. The project manager s primary responsibility is to lead new product development projects from concept through commercialization. The successful candidate will be able to partner with the technical leads and project teams to move products to market as quickly as possible while maintaining high standards of quality. A strong scientific background (preferably in life science or other technical area) and excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are mandatory.
* Use leadership and active facilitation skills to enable effective team meetings and high-performance teams.
* Create, implement and execute project plans/timelines to achieve business goals.
* Identify interdependencies and critical path items and look for strategic ways to improve efficiency and/or successfully remove roadblocks.
* Lead the creation of high quality and accurate project records including project and design history files.
* Identify potential risks and guide the team to actively manage or mitigate them.
* Leverage well-developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization.
* BS degree in chemistry, biology, chemical engineering or similar scientific field; Agile and/or Scrum certification or equivalent, highly desired; Six Sigma green belt or PMP certification is a plus.
* 5-8 years in a technical project leadership role
* Must be a proactive leader who has an active management style and sense of ownership of project deliverables; must demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for finding solutions.
* Ability to think creatively in leading project teams through obstacles and/or finding the best path forward.
* Experienced with life science and/or clinical diagnostics products moving them through the full development cycle.
* Effective presentation and meeting skills
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, analytical/problem solving skills, negotiation skills, cross-functional team leadership skills and goal setting skills required.
* Strong computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, Project, Visio and database).
* Willingness and ability to travel (domestic and international) 5-10% of the time
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.