Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
At Eisai, caring for people is our work. Satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing benefits to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai's human health care (hhc) mission. This includes the development of innovative medicines-notably the discovery of the world's most widely used treatment for Alzheimer's disease. As a young company growing at a fast pace, Eisai offers its employees an opportunity to thrive. We understand and appreciate that our employees are our greatest asset, and are committed to providing a work environment that will attract and retain talent. Eisai enables and empowers all employees to make significant hhc contributions. That is our quest. That is our promise. That is what makes us Eisai.
Position independently performs a variety of mechanical repairs, installations and maintenance on facility equipment, building and utility systems such as R.O Water Systems, Air Compressors, Vacuum Systems and HVAC Systems. This individual works independently on the majority of assignments. Provides proactive support by inspecting equipment for proper lubrication and performing other preventative maintenance duties. Performs regular maintenance checks on problem areas, making repairs and adjustments using the maintenance work order system. Assists in preparing maintenance Clean Room Reports. Performs repairs and maintenance of Manufacturing production equipment such as Labeling and Packaging machines.
* Performs daily maintenance checks and/or repairs on facility and equipment and will provide guidance to other less experienced Facilities Technicians. This ensures that the facility is well maintained and is operating in an optimum manner to support the business demands.
* Performs maintenance task such as mechanical repairs to R.O. Water Systems, Air Compressors, Vacuum Systems and HVAC Systems. Responsible for the appearance of mechanical areas as well as equipment operations. Will work with contractors during scheduled and emergency repair maintenance mechanical systems.
* Coordinates closely with outside contractors, and interacts with other organizations to insure that the Company objectives are being met. This includes, but not limited to communicating closely with Gliadel Operations, Quality, Calibration Contractors, Finance/Accounting, Purchasing, and other organizations. This ensures that all organizations maintain a focus on optimizing the Company s assets.
* Responsible for working with the other Facilities Technicians and/or other staff to assist them with repairs requiring more than one person. Also assists with special projects as needed.
* Working understanding of cGMP s.
* Ability to work independently and proactively
* Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and tasks
* Prior responsibility for maintenance (i.e., physical condition) of building (inside and outside)
* Knowledgeable of appropriate construction codes.
* Ability to quickly determine and solve equipment malfunctions.
* Good oral and written communications skills.
* Attention to detail
* Excellent Organizational Skills
* Excellent Customer Service Skills
* Ability to lift/carry heavy items (50+ pounds)
* Walking/standing for extended periods of time
* Rotating on call and call in availability (nights and weekends)
* Valid Maryland driver s license
* Working Conditions include
* Heat, cold and heights
* Dust, fumes and odors
* Electrical wires or machinery
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Coursework in HVAC, plumbing, or general maintenance preferred
* Stationary Engineering license preferred, but not required
* 5+ years of experience as a Facilities Maintenance Technician (or comparable role); preferably in the pharmaceutical manufacturing/packaging industry.
* Intermediate computer skills (including keyboarding and Internet Explorer)
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Working knowledge of online work order maintenance systems
* Microsoft Outlook or other e-mail program
* Knowledge of internet based supply ordering
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States. Please click on the following link for more information:
Right To Work