Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Master - Service Center is responsible for the day to day operation of a distribution center. This includes but not all inclusive; employee direction and guidance, customer service, inventory control, financial responsibility, maintenance of equipment and delivery.
* Loads and unloads trucks.
* Repairs products and trucks as needed.
* Plans and schedules receipt and delivery of distribution center products.
* Performs routine quality inspections of incoming product and reports quality issues.
* Handles day to day execution of inventory processes for numerous items across different SKU's.
* Supervises the daily work schedules of picking, staging and loading outgoing shipments of product.
* Executes the delivery of any expedited shipments on an emergency basis.
* Measures, monitors and reports operations performance and efficiency metrics.
* Directs and guides the day to day operations staff including warehouse/driver positions.
* Oversees and/or performs SAP transactions.
* Executes continuous improvement programs using Lean principles.
* Utilizes the Matthews Management System in DC Operations.
* Leads employee training.
* Operates delivery vehicles and makes regular deliveries (Required in DCs).
* Provides excellent internal and external customer service skill and enhances relationships.
* Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree in related field
* 4+ years of previous service center experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
* Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
* Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
* Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
* Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
* Ability to work overtime as necessary.
* Must have current driver's license.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* The noise level in the work environment may be high.
Matthews Memorialization is a leader in the memorialization industry who is committed to helping customers grow their businesses and helping families move from grieving to remembrance by providing products of superior craftsmanship and revenue generating programs and services. Within this industry, our Environmental Solutions is focused on the design and manufacture of advanced combustion systems. Matthews Memorialization is a (MATW) Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.