Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
STG International seeks short term support with immediate start dates due to COVID-19 emergency needs.
STG International (STGi) is currently seeking ICU RNs to provide services at the New York Harbor VA Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY . We are also hiring RNs for the following NY/ NJ locations:
* Northport VA Medical Center
* Hudson Valley (Montrose Campus and Castle Point Campus)
* New Jersey ( East Orange Campus and Lyons Campus)
* New York Harbor (Manhattan Campus and St. Albans Community Living Center)
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Registered Nurse, who represents the interests of Veteran patients in all areas of the VA.The position requires an understanding of the clinical and medical programs, processes and procedures of the clinic and relationships of various services. The position is directly linked to customer service and the Service Excellence program initiatives. The general duty of the RN is to provide professional clinical services and to manage patient care.
* Provide nursing care based on physician, mid-level provider and Clinic Manager s orders, to meet the needs (physical, mental, and emotional) of patients.
* Supervise support staff, if applicable, in delivery of care to patients.
* Lead and participate in PACT team huddles.
* Work with the Primary Care Physician (PCP) to ensure the clinic is adequately staffed for quality care delivery and the promotion of continuity of care between the VAMC and the clinic.
* Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
* Supervise medical assistants and/or licensed practical nurses who obtain initial information from patients (i.e.: vital signs, symptoms, and complaints) through interviewing patients and reviewing record.
* Prepare patients for examination
* Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with the VA access standards and triage protocol.
* Demonstrate, understand and perform triage activities for all walk-in patients and medical phone inquiries.
* Administer medications per facility protocols, as prescribed by provider,
* Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
* Perform a range of nursing procedures, including dressing changes, suture removal, oxygen administration, wound irrigations, catheterizations, and venipunctures.
* Prepare patients for laboratory procedures by providing information and instructions.
* Set up and operate therapeutic and emergency equipment, including monitor, Electrocardiogram (FAG), oxygen, and portable suction.
* Document all pertinent patient information in their medical records and Veteran Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA) to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote continuity of care.
* Keep the VISTA clinic reminder tracking system current for each enrolled patient.
* Assist in scheduling patients for initial and follow-up appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the patient's medical necessity.
* Keep patient informed regarding their plan of care, including lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
* Provide health materials, resources and education to patients and their families for informational purposes according to need and learning capacity.
* Assist the providers, as required, in ensuring all patient information on electronic encounter documentation is complete and accurate.
* Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program between its Subcontractor(s) and the VAMC.
* Ensure that all required reports, clinical and administrative documentation is completed in an accurate, timely and complete fashion.
* Participate in the management of day to day operations.
* Comply with all federal, state, local, Joint Commission Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Veteran Affairs, Subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and standards.
* Maintain confidentiality of all information and supporting patients' privacy, rights, and safety.
* Perform the duties of the Clinic Manager when he/she is absent (if applicable).
* Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Due to the crisis we are flexible with state licensure and work availability. We will accept any state license and consider full time, part time, and PRN shifts.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Medical Surgical Unit, Outpatient Facility, Primary Care and/ OR Adult Health.
* Retain current and unrestricted nursing license in the state in which the RN practices.
* Retain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/ Basic Life Support (BLS) from AHA or MTN.
* Knowledge of and ability to apply professional nursing principles, procedures, and techniques.
* Ability to assess patient condition, recognize adverse signs and symptoms, and react swiftly in emergency situations.
* Ability to set realistic, measurable education goals for patients, taking into consideration patient/family needs, level of understanding and available local resources.
* Ability to develop and provide individualized and group counseling, guidance, and health instruction with the focus on disease prevention and health maintenance.
* Ability to teach patients and/or families proper home health care activities, such as giving injections, taking blood pressures, changing wound dressings, etc.
* Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, including desired effects, side effects, complications, and patient usage considerations.
* Knowledge of the basic concepts of customer service techniques related to age-specific population.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, Electronic Medical Records and computer maneuverability.
* Knowledge of pharmacology.
* Must have exceptional diplomatic communication skills and experience in handling difficult customer situations.
* Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task
* RN from a National League for Nursing (NLN)-accredited school. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* Required to respond to any medical emergency within the clinic, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a Competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
*Housing and travel accommodations may be available
Brooklyn, New York, United States
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, STGi is committed to providing equal employment in the employment and advancement for all persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as protected veterans and