Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
Job ID: 197239
Based in Greensboro, North Carolina, Thompson-Arthur Paving and Construction, a CRH company, is a leading provider of high-quality asphalt paving services. In addition to paving services, we provide stone base construction, bridge construction, curb and gutter construction, site utilities, complete site development and sand products. We have been proudly serving the Triad area for over half a century. By being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, Thompson-Arthur Paving & Construction has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
• Multi-functional position, incorporating the performance of mechanic duties on various pieces of machinery and operating equipment.
• Repair of construction equipment: assembly, adjustments, maintenance, and possible welding on all types of construction equipment such as internal combustion engine, air compressors, pumps, concrete mixers, heavy earth moving equipment, rock crushers, and paving equipment.
• Lubrication on oil, air and fuel filtration, grease points and capacities, and inspection techniques to detect abnormal conditions.
• Body work and painting procedures.
• Operation and service of fuel injector pumps and nozzles, and engine governors.
• Assist in complete overhaul and testing of gas and diesel engines.
• Assist in the complete overhaul of various mechanisms used to transfer engineer horsepower to active effort.
• Assist in the complete overhaul of the various air cooled engines and their applications, as well as various starters, generators, and voltage regulators.
• Assist in the repair and overhaul of various heavy equipment which will include crawler and wheel tractors, portable cranes, brooms, front end loaders, rollers, subgrade mixers, motor grades, compactors, pumps and air compressors.
• Ability to work with day, night, or out-of-town crews to make repairs necessary in the field and to perform preventive maintenance practices necessary to increase service life of equipment.
• Ability to weld and burn equipment and operations of lathes, saws, shapers, grinders, and presses.
• Heavy equipment parts familiarization including: parts catalogs, procurement, handling, storage, and cost of heavy equipment parts.
• Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
• Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
• Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
• Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
• Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
• Must provide own tools to utilize in position.
• 3 or more years experience working on heavy equipment
What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Thompson-Arthur Paving and Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.