Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
The Accessory Associate's primary responsibility is to test and package used / refurbished gaming accessories. The Accessory Associate works under general supervision. This position will interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Ensure that used / refurbished gaming accessories (guitars, Wii controllers, cables, etc.) are packaged according to quality and production standards.
* Test gaming accessories to verify their functional status (defective or operational).
* Prepare accessory kits for use in hardware kitting process.
* Ensure work area and machinery/equipment is clean and in proper working condition.
* Maintain accurate activity records and prepare reports for supervisors and management.
* Communicate all issues to management that could result in process delays, safety issues, or otherwise cause a loss to the company or its associates.
* Work closely with other team members to ensure that daily production, quality, and safety goals are achieved or exceeded.
* Work in other areas of the Distribution Center or Refurb as directed to ensure the balanced, efficient completion of workload to achieve overall department goals.
* Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals
* Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; accurately checking processes and tasks; follows procedures; ensures high-quality output
* Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
* Previous experience working in a distribution center preferred
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* Must be able to lift and/or move boxes, totes and other objects weighing up to 50 lbs., horizontally, and from ground level to a minimum height of 4 feet
* Must be able to bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, climb on ladders, and drag wooden pallets weighing up to 50 lbs
* Must be available to work for extended periods during high volume periods (up to 8 hours per day, 6 or 7 days a week)
* Must be able to walk and stand for 8 hours or more a day
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Ability to understand and comply with all GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, those related to attendance, safety, conflict of interest, confidentiality, honesty and ethical conduct
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
* Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
* Working understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
* Possesses the dexterity to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical equipment without assistance