Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The Customs Business Manager has overall leadership responsibility for the custom product function at CPC. Reporting to the Core Business Unit Director, the Custom Business Manager will set strategy, develop a standard of excellence, drive process, and develop talent to provide exceptional customer experience and win new custom product specifications. This influential leader will directly manage the Applications Engineering team and collaborate with leaders of all functions at CPC along with customers and channel partners to drive growth in the custom product business and support business unit and corporate objectives.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Provide leadership for the Customs Business to set strategy, provide exceptional customer experience, win new specifications, and drive cross functional collaboration.
* Direct management of the Applications Engineering team in North America and Europe, including management of talent, budgeting, and organizational structure.
* Provide on-going leadership and direction to the Custom Design Engineering Manager and team to ensure that goals, cross-functional collaboration, resource flexibility, and work prioritization are aligned with the needs of the Customs Business.
* Set clear objectives, evaluate progress against objectives, and instill performance-oriented culture with a focus on accountability.
* Establish a standard of excellence for the Applications Engineering function, implement process, and drive continuous improvement.
* Acceptance decision, prioritization, and management of Core Business Unit custom product opportunities to align with Core Business vision and strategy.
* Pricing, quoting, and customer relationship responsibility for Core Business Unit custom opportunities
* Collaborate with Product Management in Core and Thermal Management to support business unit goals, target market development, and provide market feedback
* Maintain high level of cross functional engagement with all functions at CPC and externally with channel partners and customers.
Essential Supervisory Responsibilities:
* Manages the Applications Engineering team based in St. Paul and Europe.
* Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in engineering
* Demonstrated history of developing teams and individuals
* Demonstrated success in winning customer specifications through applications engineering
* Minimum three (3) or more years of work experience in a management or lead role
* Customer focused perspective coupled with strong business acumen
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Experience working in engineering or management role supporting field sales
* Experience with formal continuous improvement and lean
* Experience in Medical Device or ISO13485 QA system environment
* Advanced degree or MBA
* Experience designing injection molded plastic parts
* Experience in New Product Development
* Up to 20%, Both domestic and International
* The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or stoop.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of tasks, responsibilities or duties. Colder Products Company reserves the right to amend to meet legal, business and organizational requirements as necessary.
About CPC (Colder Products Company)
We are Colder Products Company, the industry leader in the design and manufacture of specialized quick disconnect couplings for the life sciences, industrial, and chemical handling markets. Used around the world in a broad range of applications, connection technologies from Colder Products Company allow flexible tubing to be quickly and safely connected and disconnected, reducing spills and increasing safety. Colder Products Company, a Dover company, is based in St. Paul with global offices and operations in Europe and Asia..
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.