Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
PRACTICE AREA PROFILE
Post Merger Integration (PMI) is one of largest and fastest growing topics in BCG. BCG s PMI practice focuses on helping our clients exceed their expectations for value creation from their merger and acquisition activity. Our approach is centered on a rigorous merger integration planning and execution methodology that is relentlessly focused on value creation. This methodology leverages BCG s broad capabilities on strategic, operational, and organizational topics to support our clients in the specific areas which are most critical to success.
WHAT WE NEED
BCG S TRANSACTION AND INTEGRATION EXCELLENCE (TIE) SUPPORTS OUR CLIENTS TO CREATE VALUE FROM TRANSACTIONS, FROM BEGINNING TO THE END, INCLUDING DEAL STRATEGY, PREPARATION, EXECUTION, INTEGRATION AND VALUE CREATION. WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A PROJECT LEADER OR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR WHO HAS SIGNIFICANT EXPERIENCE IN POST MERGER INTEGRATION.
WHAT YOU LL DO
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BRING ON 1) EXPERT LEVEL CREDIBILITY TO OUR CASES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES; AND 2) CONTINUE TO BUILD OUR TIE PRACTICE AS PART OF THE GLOBAL TOPIC LEADERSHIP TEAM. YOU WILL HAVE DEMONSTRATED DEEP EXPERIENCE IN PLANNING AND EXECUTING COMPLEX MERGER INTEGRATIONS. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
SUPPORT EXECUTION OF POST MERGER INTEGRATION CASES
* ACT AS PROJECT MANAGER FOR AN ENTIRE CASE OR AT A MODULE LEVEL ON SELECT TOPIC. DEFINE AND DRIVE THE PROJECT APPROACH, SUPERVISE BCG CONSULTANTS, AND MANAGE DAY TO DAY CLIENT INTERACTIONS
* ENSURE THE QUALITY OF THE WORK, AND THE RELEVANCE OF THE SYNTHESIS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. CHALLENGE THE WORK IN PROGRESS AND THE RESULTS; REORIENT THE WORK APPROACH AND ANALYSES AS NEEDED
* ADVISE CASE TEAMS ON BROAD AND SPECIFIC ISSUES RELATED TO MERGER INTEGRATION BY PROVIDING EXPERTISE AND LEVERAGING BCG INTELLECTUAL CAPITAL
CONTRIBUTE TO THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OF THE POST MERGER INTEGRATION PRACTICE:
* KEY SUPPORT FOR PROPOSAL CREATION AND PRESENTATION: PROVIDE CONTENT EXPERTISE AROUND SPECIFIC TOPICS; ACT AS KEY TOPIC CONTENT LEAD FOR PROPOSALS OR OTHER BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT WORK
* SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF COMMERCIAL OUTREACH PROGRAMS IN COLLABORATION WITH OUR INDUSTRY PRACTICE AREAS
BUILD BCG\'S TRANSACTION AND INTEGRATION EXCELLENCE (TIE) PRACTICE:
* CONTRIBUTE TO IMPROVING METHODOLOGY AND TOOLS, AND LEAD TOPIC DEVELOPMENT ON AREAS OF EXPERTISE
* CONTRIBUTE TO BCG PERSPECTIVES WHICH ARE SHARED WITH ALUMNI AND CLIENTS
* PREPARE AND PRESENT BCG TIE EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES AT INTERNAL CONFERENCES
PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF THE GLOBAL TOPIC LEADERSHIP TEAM TO DEFINE PRIORITIES FOR COMMERCIAL AND CAPABILITIES DEVELOPMENT
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL REPORT TO THE LEADER OF AMERICAS TIE PRACTICE AREA.
OUR EXPERT CONSULTING TRACK (ECT)
The Expert Consulting Track (ECT) is vital to BCG s ability to successfully meet our clients demand for deep expertise and advanced technical capabilities. Experts deliver next-level impact for BCG's most complex and cutting-edge client challenges. Experts focus on developing BCG's thought leadership, commercial capabilities, and intellectual property assets; and their work is essential to our delivery model. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team to bring the best of BCG to our clients, Experts come from diverse backgrounds, with expertise often gained outside of BCG in industry, academia, or specialized consulting.
* A MINIMUM OF 6 YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE, WITH AT LEAST 3 YEARS OF CONSULTING EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
* MULTIPLE POST MERGER INTEGRATION EXPERIENCES
* EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND ABILITY TO DEVELOP HIGH LEVEL OF CREDIBILITY WITH SENIOR CLIENTS
* GRADUATE OF A LEADING BUSINESS SCHOOL
* BONUS: ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE WITH LARGE TRANSFORMATIONS OR ORGANIZATIONAL RESTRUCTURING
YOU LL BE BASED IN
BOSTON, CHICAGO, NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY, WASHINGTON D.C., PHILADELPHIA, DETROIT, MINNEAPOLIS, ATLANTA, DALLAS, OR HOUSTON PREFERRED.
YOU\'LL BE TRAVELING
80% TRAVEL ANTICIPATED, SPENDING MOST OF YOUR TIME IN THE U.S. IN ADDITION, YOU WILL SUPPORT INTERNATIONAL AND GLOBAL EFFORTS AS NEEDED.
Date Posted: 10-Jan-2020
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify..