Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. JOB OVERVIEW
This position is the primary contact and communication focal point between the customer and the production plants. The Customer Service Advocate is responsible for maintaining customer business relationships in order to provide total customer satisfaction. The individual provides information and analysis to support business plans and strategies. He/she acts in conjunction with Sales & Marketing teams to influence customer business decisions relating to TE Medical Products.
* This role is an individual contributor role, but it will manage a portfolio of customers
* Coordinates customer/TE Medical Products relationship.
* Supports the clear and effective communication of customer expectations to the organization and demands accountability for performance to agreed upon commitments.
* Ensures customer report cards and JIT/MLA/Kanban agreements are summarized and understood.
* Independently, or as a team member, investigates and resolves customer issues (delivery, price, quality, product and tooling information, etc.).
* Takes complete ownership of problem resolution.
* Utilizes business knowledge to recognize sales opportunities and prevent the loss of existing business.
* Provides timely, accurate, complete responses to customer or sales inquiries.
* Teams with Field Sales, Business Segment Managers, Operations and other TE functions to satisfy customer requirements.
* Provides information and analysis on customer and market trends to Business Segment Manager.
* Develops and presents strategies for addressing strategic customer issues, competitive threats, or to gain additional business.
* Coordinates meetings and general information exchange between customer and TE Medical Products.
* Is an active participant in customer visits to TE facilities and makes visits to customer locations when required.
* Represents the customer's point of view during internal decision-making process.
* Assists Business Segment Manager in development of quotation proposals.
* Creates and maintains customer orders in MRP system or provides direction for this activity to designated staff member.
* Ensures accuracy of information in system, including requesting customer drawings and/or latest revision levels.
* Ensures compliance to Quality System for order management.
* Assists in streamlining order management systems.
* Works with customer and Sales to prepare and monitor monthly sales forecast by customer and product.
* Solicits bookings to support committed bookings level.
* Provides analysis on forecast and actual trends, and regularly communicates issues and implications to Operations and Business Segment Managers.
* Initiates formal NPI team activity and prepares initial information on new product order opportunities.
* May lead NPI teams. EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Minimum 3 years in sales, marketing, scheduling or customer service related position, preferably in a manufacturing organization or related technical experience.
* BA or BS preferred.
* Organizational: Strong organizational skills, ability to manage several tasks at once, ability to set priorities, time management, ability to lead meetings to drive action. Ability to develop project plans and lead teams to improve business performance.
* Interpersonal: Customer focused, good oral and written communication, ability to work under pressure and maintain composure in sometimes emotional situations, team player, flexible and adaptable to changing conditions, positive and professional attitude, ability to develop strategies for handling moderately complex customer issues
* Technical: Basic knowledge of served market, products and key performance requirements for the market. Ability to translate company goals to action plans for customer order management. Basic knowledge of materials planning and order entry logic. Basic knowledge of JIT/kanban ordering process and ability to manage kanban order process. Basic knowledge of accounting principles to ensure accurate paperwork for customer invoicing. Basic understanding of cost accounting to analyze product cost, ability to review a P&L statement. Knowledge of ISO quality systems requirements. Ability to audit conformance to procedures. PC proficient (word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet, database & presentation software), ability to create presentation quality documents, ability to use MRP system, EDI system.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
* Generous 401(k) Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Benefits start on day one
* Charity Donation Matching Program
* Competitive Paid Time Off
* Employee Resource Groups
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Healthcare for Associates and Families
* Health and Wellness Incentives
* Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.