Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
* Req ID: 76567
* Department: Engineering
* Job Type: Full-Time
* Position Type: Union
* Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
* Country: United States
* % of Travel: 0-10%
* # of Positions: 1
* Compensation Rate: $34.68/hour
* Job Available to: Internal & External
* Deadline to apply: 04/30/2020
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
* General responsibilities for this position involve the installation, maintenance and construction of Train Control Systems and Grade Crossing Warning Systems;
* May supervise, instruct, or direct other employees assisting the Electronic Technician in their work;
* Will work outdoors a majority of the time with exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity such as extreme heat, cold, ice, rain, snow;
* Facilitate repair and return of bad order circuit cards and components through equipment vendors;
* Use meters, scopes, and other various types of test equipment to diagnose equipment problems and failures;
* Use computers for diagnostics in troubleshooting electronic equipment, software burning, software uploading/downloading, downloading event logs, and other various functions;
* Test, inspect, and repair signal apparatus to meet requirements set forth by Canadian Pacific and FRA regulatory requirements;
* Manage and document FRA test and inspection reports;
* Support Signal Maintainers, Signal Crews, and Signal Testmen in their duties and with technical issues;
* Acquire and apply knowledge of Grade Crossing Warning System equipment, i.e. HXP s, GCP s, PMD s and Train Control Systems, i.e. VHLC s, VPI s, Electro logic s, Microlok s;
* Become familiar with Signal & Communication circuit drawings and standards;
* Make field checks and corrections to circuit drawings as necessary.
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required;
* Post-secondary education is preferred;
* Must possess valid FCC General Radio Telephone Operators License (GROL) or equivalent i.e. International Society of Certified Electronic Technicians (ISCET certification);
* Requires valid Driver s License to operate company vehicle;
* Ability to respond for emergent work past normal working hours;
* Ability to occasionally work at various heights (ladders, signal masts and structures).
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
* Flexible and competitive benefits package
* Completive company pension plan
* Annual Fitness Subsidy
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is a safety critical position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessments. Qualification drug test(s) are also required.
Drug Test Elements:
All new hires are required to undergo a drug screen. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping CP safe and drug free.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
* Criminal history check
* Education verification
* Last 3 years of driving history
* Last 3 years of employment history; includes military service
* Social Security number verification
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.