Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
POSITION: Lead System Engineer
JOB ID: 307
# OF OPENINGS: 2
Apply for this Position
Ultra Ocean Systems is searching for a Lead System Engineer to support the development of radar systems. Working closely with RF, Mechanical, Electrical, and Software Engineers, he/she will support the development of the Radar System from initial design, through finalization of the design, and finally through the integration and test events. Our Lead System Engineer will have the opportunity to guide the development and selection of key technologies for the Navy and will have the opportunity to work with complex software algorithms and cutting-edge digital signal processing hardware. The Lead System Engineer will have the opportunity to contribute to key strategic approaches for future proposals, IR&D, and additional development activities.
* Bachelors Degree in System/EE or other engineering discipline
* 5+ years of experience with system engineering and rigor required for disciplined system development.
* 5+ years of working with a team (through the product development lifecyle) to jointly develop a system.
* Willingness to travel (10%).
* Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
* Working with radar systems or similar signal processing systems.
* Working with algorithms used for navigation, periscope detection, discrimination or other parts of traditional Radar signal processing.
* Laboratory support including setup and use of Linux-based system integration, test, and execution.
* Planning, reviewing, and executing integration and test events for combined hardware and software systems
* Documenting and specifying system and subsystem level requirements.
* Experience with RF hardware.
* Experience working with MIL STDs for all types of test requirements (MIL-STD-454, MIL-STD-901, etc.).
* Knowledge of Navy platforms or common Navy platforms interfaces.
* Matlab, Mathcad, or other Modeling Languages.
Ultra Ocean Systems is an engineering and manufacturing company that is actively involved in a diverse range of sensor processing development projects. We design, manufacture, integrate, and test a wide range of products and systems providing innovative capabilities for our customers. The designs are highly configurable and use leading-edge hardware and software to achieve versatile products for maximum flexibility and reuse. We specialize in high-speed data processing and digital signal processing for high-end military sensor systems including radar and sonar processors.
We believe in strong team dynamics, job satisfactions, and a work environment where each member is valued and successful. Creativity and personal initiative are components for success in Ultra Electronics. We are constantly on the lookout for top talent to add to our professional cadre.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
THIS CONTRACTOR AND SUBCONTRACTOR SHALL ABIDE BY THE REQUIREMENTS OF 41 CFR 60 1.4(A), 60 300.5(A) AND 60 741.5(A). THESE REGULATIONS PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS BASED ON THEIR STATUS AS PROTECTED VETERANS OR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, AND PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION AGAINST ALL INDIVIDUALS BASED ON THEIR RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. MOREOVER, THESE REGULATIONS REQUIRE THAT COVERED PRIME CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS TAKE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE IN EMPLOYMENT INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org