Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY:This position is under the direct supervision of the Program Manager for assigned shift of the contract and is responsible for supervising the security guards on shift while performing assigned duties, such as, detecting, delaying, detaining, and/or apprehending persons attempting to gain unauthorized access to Government property or otherwise violating laws, rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS: Perform a variety of duties assigned by the contract, including but not limited to, preparing work schedules, reviewing duty logs for accuracy, assessing working conditions, gathering information for investigations, advising management concerning employee performance and disciplinary matters, inspecting uniforms and credentials, completing reports, and other tasks as assigned. Typical duties include control access to specific areas of a facility, enforce property rules and regulations, detect and report criminal acts, stop and if possible detain persons engaging in criminal activities, provide security against loss from fire or mechanical equipment failure, respond to emergency situations involving the safety and security of the facility, and act occasionally as a crowd monitor to maintain order.
EQUIPMENT/ COMPUTER SKILLS: Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement procedures (i.e. electronic security equipment, audio and video equipment)
* Must have two (2) years of successful experience in field supervision.
* Must be a US Citizen
* High School Diploma or G.E.D.
* Must have two (2) years experience meeting, dealing and communicating in English with the general public.
* Knowledge of the contract operations
* Must be able to meet state/county licensing requirements for Security Officers.
* Valid Driver License
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with staff and the public
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Must be able to meet and pass health and physical fitness requirements.
* At least 21 years of age
* Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
* Understand and follow standard operating procedures, to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
* Good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION: Driver's license, Social security card or birth certificate, DD214 (if applicable) and any other certification (guard/clearance card, gun permit (if required), OC permit Baton permit, CPR, First Aid.)
WORKING CONDITIONS:Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations. Shift work required..
We are a nationwide provider of security solutions with many employment opportunities across the country. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Our core values are integrity, vigilance and compliance. Therefore, we are looking for individuals to join our organization who share the same values.