Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Koniag Government Services is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant with government contracting experience to work in our shared accounting services supporting multiple entities. If you are someone who is eager to learn and advance their career supporting a rapidly growing government contractor this is the opportunity for you. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
As a member of the Accounting team, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for significant contribution with the monthly close operations. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of accounting concepts and the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks effectively.
* Provide support to Assistant Controller with general accounting responsibilities, including the accounting and reporting of income statement and certain balance sheet accounts.
* Provide top-level support, training, and guidance to fellow co-workers.
* Performs tasks in general or specialized accounting functions, such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Project Accounting, or General Ledger.
* Prepares, analyzes, reviews, verifies, and reconciles vouchers, journal entries, accounting classifications, and various other accounting/financial statements, records, and reports.
* Prepares financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule, as well as prepare Management reports.
* Prepare, enter and post all proper General Journal entries including reversing, recurring and adjusting journal entries.
* Identifies system or process inefficiencies or issues and provides recommendation for enhancements;
* Coordinate accounting matters with other departments, locations, and business units.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant accounting regulations, policies, and procedures.
* Supports annual external and internal audit process.
* Prepares Business, Property, Sales and Use Tax Returns, including GSA reporting.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* BS in Accounting is required
* CPA is preferred
* 3-5 years of relevant experience.
* Experience working with government contractors.
* Supervisory experience.
* Advanced Excel skills required.
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL is a plus
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.
About our Company
Koniag Government Services (KGS) is an Alaska Native Owned corporation supporting the values and traditions of our native communities through an agile employee and corporate culture that delivers Enterprise Solutions, Professional Services and Operational Management to Federal Government Agencies. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Koniag, we apply our proven commercial solutions to a deep knowledge of Defense and Civilian missions to provide forward leaning technical, professional, and operational solutions. KGS enables successful mission outcomes for our customers through solution-oriented business partnerships and a commitment to exceptional service delivery. We ensure long-term success with a continuous improvement approach while balancing the collective interests of our customers, employees, and native communities. For more information, please visit www.koniag-gs.com