Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Parsons seeks to hire a SENIOR PROJECT CONTROL ENGINEER to provide Program Finance Support to various contract types in support of the company s Space and Geospatial Solutions Market.
Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your advanced project cost engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity to lead teams. We need our Project Control Engineer at this level to be fully qualified professionals with solid experience, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and leadership skills. In this role you will develop, implement, and maintain cost control, and/or provide planning/scheduling function on one or more larger projects. You will be utilizing your technical expertise, and familiarity with company policies and procedures to complete complicated tasks independently.
The Project Control Engineer will be able to support multiple project managers, departments, and be responsible for Program Finance Analysis supporting various Government agencies.
* CLEARANCE: US Citizenship and the ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI
* LOCATION: Chantilly, VA
* YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 8-10
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Cost management for assigned projects with tracking of actual expenditures, incurred costs and commitments
* Experience with various contract types; CPFF, CPAF, LH, T&M, FFP etc.
* Preparation and analysis of weekly project status report and funding analysis
* Subcontractor Management
* Program Performance tracking and generation of ETC/EAC reports/calculations
* Develop integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations
* Participate in monthly customer financial reporting to include MSRs, financial projections, and breakdown of elements of cost
* Create and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to ensure appropriate allocation of cost
* Identify trends and developments through analysis and present findings to senior management
* Perform financial forecasting/budgeting, monthly, quarterly and annual variance analysis and reconciliation of internal projects
* Prepare project status with variance analysis for Senior Management and Project Management
* Must have strong organizational, verbal, written and analytical skills
* Work under general supervision in a highly visible role
* Must have a strong understanding of business financial structures and direct and indirect cost elements
* This position requires responsiveness, and a high level of attention to detail
* Must be willing to work in a deadline driven environment, which will require extended hours to ensure completion of assigned proposals
* Must possess strong business acumen
* This position requires strong interpersonal and communication ability
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced, complex, and dynamic environment
* Must be able to effectively work and communicate with internal and external customers
* Bachelor s degree in business related field from accredited institution
* Eight or more (8+) years of cross-functional experience in finance, accounting, pricing or related technical operation discipline
* Must have a working knowledge of MS Office specifically Excel and Word programs
* Must have high proficiency in modeling and data analysis in MS Excel, specifically Excel formulas
* Must have working knowledge of FAR & CAS
* Individual should have a good understanding of the applicability and limitations of the various contract types (Cost Plus, T&M, LH, Fixed Price, etc.)
* Project Control, Program Finance, and Pricing experience
* COSTPOINT and DELTEK Experience
* Performance tracking and generation of ETC/EAC calculations
* Experience in US Government contracting
* Experience across the entire spectrum of USG contract types
* **Position can be based at multiple locations throughout the US wtih proximity to exisiting Parsons office.
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.