Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican BioThermal LLC is a global leader in the design and manufacture of single use and reusable temperature controlled packaging solutions for the highly regulated pharmaceutical, biotech, and clinical trials industries. Pelican BioThermal is a great place to work and offers employees the opportunity to flourish and excel in a high-growth, fast-paced, creative and exciting environment! We currently have an opening for an Operations Manager based at our site in Plymouth, MN.
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading, training, and directing supervisors, team leads, and production staff. This position manages all warehouse production, inventory control, planning and execution of shipping and receiving functions to exceed customer commitments. This position is responsible for a broad range of duties including, but not limited to safety initiatives, departmental development, and continuous improvement efforts in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of the organization. This role will promote a collaborative environment to ensure effective communication and interaction across departments.
What You'll Do:
* Oversees supervisors, team leads, and other production staff to ensure daily production, final assembly, receiving, shipping, inventory control, and material handling demands are consistently met over multiple shifts.
* Removes capacity constraints throughout the production process.
* Manages inventory control, cycle counting, and physical inventory programs.
* Sets standards for labor efficiency.
* Develops and reports metrics and manages them for daily improvement.
* Maintains workflow by monitoring processes; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; implementing cost reductions; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points.
* Manages employee performance to establish expectations, monitor, and measure contributions and provide employee feedback, coaching, and instruction as required.
* Resolves and addresses staff concerns by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
* Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
* Oversees shipping and receiving plans by scheduling and assigning staff; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems.
* Drives and improves SAP system usage. Helps reconfigure systematic changes to help productivity.
* Performs work that is compliant with cGMP, ISO, QMS, OSHA and other pertinent regulations and directives.
* Maintains quality standards by ensuring that all team members follow all work instructions for each product build.
* Provides manufacturing information to the Vice President of WW Operations by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
* Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing staff on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources.
* Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook, AWAIR and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
What You'll Need:
* Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience necessary to be successful in the position.
* Minimum of 5-7 years production or plant management experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
* Operating a warehouse across multiple shifts.
* Experience managing inventory control and wall-to-wall physical inventory.
* Experience executing continuous improvement projects.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Working knowledge of ISO guidelines.
* Understanding and implementation of 6S and Lean/Six Sigma manufacturing techniques.
* Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely, creative manner.
* Ability to generate and adhere to a schedule.
* Certified Practitioner in Inventory Management (CPIM).
* Certifications in International Shipping.
* Experience using SAP or another similar ERP system.
* Knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations (cGMP)
* Actively supports and complies with Pelican BioThermal's objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
* Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
* Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
* Must be flexible regarding working hours. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ensures that staff is contributing at maximum potential through rigorous hiring practices and an emphasis on training and development initiatives, including coaching and counseling direct reports in their performance and professional development.
* Emphasizes ethical leadership and decision-making to protect Pelican BioThermal's brand and reputation.
* Establishes challenging, productive and achievable goals for direct reports; measure results by establishing checkpoints to track progress.
* Must be able to travel as necessary.
Why Join Pelican BioThermal? Here's a glimpse of Pelican Perks…
* Generous paid time off plans.
* 401k plan - with a competitive match.
* Tuition Assistance Program.
* Established reputable brand offering premium products - you'll be proud to represent Pelican!
* Employee discount program on Pelican Products.
* Great Benefits - several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
* Wellness Discount Program.
* Lucrative employee referral program - get paid to work with your trusted network.
* And more…
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequentlyrequired to execute standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. stand, walk, sit, use hands/fingers).
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequentlyrequired to executive non-standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch).
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
* This position requires repetitive hand/wrist activities.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.