Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Obtains products, equipment, and services from suppliers at the lowest possible cost, consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, compliance with professional, regulatory or accreditation standards and urgency of need. Works with finance, purchasing and customers to manage supply chain cost targets, continuity of supply, capacity flexibility and delivery performance. Monitors metrics to ensure that orders meet established delivery times and comply with invoice terms and contracted price. Provides skilled technical assistance in procuring goods and services in specific commodity areas following industry and institutional guidelines. Monitors and enforces procurement related policies and procedures. Performs all task in a manner which recognizes the value of positive customer relations.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree Preferred
* At least 2 years work experience in a buying position with emphasis on one or all of the following commodity groups: medical/surgical supplies and equipment, clinical and research lab supplies, computer systems and peripherals, furniture and fixtures.
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and ERP systems (Lawson preferred), GHX.
* Able to calculate discounts and prepare cost-savings analysis reports.
* Contract review and Terms & Conditions negotiations
* Able to establish and maintain professional working relationships and a professional image with customers, peers.
* Ability to work without supervision, prioritize projects and meet project deadlines.
* Superior communication/interpersonal skills.
* GHX Certification (preferred)
* NAPM and/or CMRP Certification (preferred)
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.