Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
As a Float Therapist/Licensed Social Worker, you will:
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the psychosocial services for patients
• Seek to enhance the functioning of patients
• Work with children, adolescents and adults, serving patients with mental illness
• Plan discharges
• Lead psychoeducational groups
• Communicate with patients and families to keep them involved in treatment plan decisions
• Coordinate care with outpatient providers upon admission and discharge
• Contribute to the interdisciplinary team with a unique clinical perspective in the areas of family systems and/or social work theory
• Be willing to travel between sites
• Master’s degree in Social Work (alone) or a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work licensed in the State of MN in addition to a Master’s degree in a counseling profession with a MN license as an LMFT, LPCC or LICSW)
• Two years of experience in behavioral healthcare preferred
• Ability to maintain required malpractice insurance
• Knowledge and understanding of Social Work practices and principles
• Effective skills in case psychosocial assessment
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clinical team members and directors
• Oriented and educated in gender, culture and age appropriate care
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook
PrairieCare is a physician-owned and operated psychiatric healthcare system experiencing rapid growth in the Twin Cities. With multiple sites across the Twin Cities, PrairieCare has quickly grown to become one of the State’s largest providers of mental health services to children, adolescents and their families.
PrairieCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admissions, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or employment. PrairieCare is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Veterans, Disabled and other protected individuals and is committed to a diverse workforce. Offers of employment from PrairieCare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
See job description