Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Zebulon Rehabilitation Center is looking to add a Part Time Resident Care Specialist to the team! You must be a Licensed Practical Nurse for this position. If you have the required skills, we want to hear from you! Zebulon Rehabilitation Center is located at 509 W Gannon St. Zebulon, NC 27597.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Within the scope of practice as defined by the state, develops, implements and coordinates the RAI process. Maintains compliance in accordance with current professional practice standards, physician’s orders, company policies and procedures, and local, state, and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
DIRECT CARE RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work directly with the resident to evaluate their needs, document the evaluation, develop the resident’s care plan, and discuss the care plan with the resident’s family and other team members in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and standards.
• The resident care specialist participates in the care evaluation and care plan process for each resident in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and standards.
• Implements the RAI guidelines, including the MDS, CAAS and care plan to ensure timely completion of the RAI process.
INDIRECT CARE RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the interdisciplinary team in regard to MDS, CAA, and care plan activities for assigned residents
• Attends care plan meetings
• Assign responsibility for completing sections of the MDS to staff who have clinical knowledge about the resident
• Conducts orientation sessions on the MDS process to all employees involved.
• Alert facility staff on the circumstances that require a comprehensive assessment and the staff that should be involved
• Assure that the care planning component is developed with input from staff, physician, resident and families
• Transmit MDS information to the State for all patients in the facility and review lists of residents to determine when the next assessment is due.
• Develops schedule of due dates for periodic assessments.
• The RAI process must have oversight by an RN (if applicable).
• Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
• Valid State registration as an LPN
• Knowledgeable of OBRA, the RAI process and LTC payer systems, and MDS process.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee may occasionally be exposed to blood or other body fluids. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident’s protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law. Agrees to adhere to and oversee communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality of residents' protected health information.
To apply, please email: email@example.com
See job description