Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Position Scope: Reporting to the Go–to-Market Clinical Strategy Lead and working as a key member of the Pharmacy extended leadership team, this role is responsible for leading large scale specialty initiatives; playing a critical role in helping sales teams position specialty benefit management (medical and RX) for integrated clients as well as retaining medical specialty for carve out clients, including special strategy work when ESI is the carve out PBM. The person filling this role role will work closely with Pharmacy Integrated Medical peers as well as with multiple, non-pharmacy specific, functional areas, including Product, Sales, Underwriting, Finance, Marketing and Communications. The primary theme will be to enhance the Integrated Specialty benefit across pharmacy and medical, with focus on Total Cost of Care and Whole Person Health. A major component of this role will be to engage with medical and pharmacy sales teams around medical specialty defense (preventing medical pharmacy carve out from integrated and non-integrated clients). This role is client and consultant/broker facing sales with a medical specialty focus.
Strategy, Planning and Execution
• In collaboration with sales leaders and matrix partners lead Cigna’s effort to protect against Medical Specialty Carve Out, where appropriate.
• Collaborate with the sales leaders and matrix partners to proactively identify scenarios and market trends that could result in Medical Specialty Carve Out requests and implement processes to help mitigate client request.
• Lead development and execution of key medical specialty projects to drive retention of the book of business with an added focus on communication and training of sales teams in support of ESI direct PBM coordinated specialty strategy.
• Collaborate directly with clients, sales and account teams to resolve sales, upsells and general specialty benefit related questions and opportunities. This support to include working RFP language and interacting with consultants and brokers.
• Partners with matrix organizations to ensure that appropriate action is taken to identify and implement specialty drug initiatives such as being the primariy liason between medical specialty product and pharmacy GTM.
• Provide leadership as the “go-to” subject matter expert within Cigna Pharmacy Integrated Medical for specialty medical and pharmacy benefit opportunities. Generously share, experience and insights as well as provide direction, collaboration and assistance.
• Represents Cigna Go to Market and clients as products are developed. Requires management across highly matrixed organization in supporting specialty medical and pharmacy benefit strategy
• Resolve issues and determine contingency plans and triggers for risks. As needed, escalate issues to appropriate audiences including key business leaders and team members.
• Develops and implements communication and reporting mechanisms to manage issues, risks and timely delivery of initiative results.
• Update on market trends, client requests, and overall effectiveness for the defense of medical specialty carve out and specialty benefits, in general
• Provide input and offer recommendations for the future direction of Cigna’s Specialty Integrated Benefit
• Participate in industry events, follow industry developments, articulate opportunities and threats to team and company stakeholders
• Pharm D or Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy
• Active registered pharmacist license
• 3 or more years of clinical and/or managed care experience, sales experience required
• Working knowledge of pharmacy and medical claims information
• Excellent communication skills, inclusive of written and presentation skills. Ability to interact with all levels and diverse partners, including external clients and executive internal leaders
• Strong business acumen, with proven ability to leverage knowledge base to quickly come up to speed in new business areas and new projects
• Highly organized with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and execute tasks with strict deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and take initiative
• Strong analytic and decision making abilities.
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Ability to develop effective relationships enterprise wide
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.