Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
About Our Business
Want to join the global powerhouse that’s building a stronger, more sustainable future? Cargill has a team of 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are passionate about nourishing the world in safe and responsible ways. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. Join us to leverage new technologies, dynamic insights and 154 years of experience to serve our food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers. This position is in
Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, which provides
ingredients and applications to food and beverage manufacturers, foodservice
companies and retails customers. Join the team that innovates and
anticipates market forces and shifting consumer values around tastes, nutrition
Job Purpose and Impact
The Technical Services Supervisor will lead and mentor a team that will execute the business plan. In this position you'll prioritize customer relationships and handle projects across multiple categories and monitor processes and standards to ensure consistency. In collaboration with other functions and businesses, you'll identify opportunities and execute new business development projects to grow the business across all categories. In this position you will lead and develop a team of scientists and be accountable for talent management decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions.
• Work with sales and marketing leaders on customer segmentation, customer satisfaction and account planning.
• Capture and act on customer needs with insights and input to strategy.
• Assign resources to projects based on availability and expertise; may personally handle complex or sensitive requests.
• Contribute to technical development of product lines and provide training to others.
• Drive projects to completion by identifying scope, timelines and necessary resources.
• Provide direct tactical leadership and coaching with accountability for performance management, talent development, succession planning and engagement of direct reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry or a related field OR equivalent experience
• Minimum four years relevant food science or food applications experience
• Minimum two years of supervisory experience
• Knowledge of a food ingredient and how it interacts with other ingredients in food systems
• Demonstrated collaboration skills with both internal cross-functional teams and external customers
• Excellent communication and presentation abilities
• Experience handling customer relationships
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Master’s degree in Science, Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry or a related field
• Fats and Oils knowledge and experience
• Seven or more years of food industry experience
• Three or more years experience supervising technical professionals and demonstrated development of a high-performing team.
• Technical project management experience
• Applications expertise in a food category