Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Clariant is a focused and innovative specialty chemical company based near Basel in Switzerland. Last year the company recorded CHF 6.6 billion in sales harnessing the talents of its 18 000 employees across 53 countries.
Clariant s portfolio is optimized for future growth, with a focus in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysts, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings.
We believe that our growth is all about our customers and their success. Investment in innovation capabilities and developing inspiring environments for courageous and determined minds are therefore key to reaching our goal.
Join us and help create sustainable value through chemistry for customers all over the globe.
The position of Scientist - Analytical is focused on characterizing R&D materials using a wide range of techniques.
* Characterization of catalyst materials using established methods (ICP, XRF, XRD, FT-IR, SEM, BET, TGA/DSC, Chemisorption)
* Conduct research and apply new methods for catalyst characterization (method development)
* Work with external laboratories (academic labs, national labs) on advanced characterization techniques
* Keep current with scientific developments in material characterization
* Trains and guides less experienced employees in specific skills and/or duties
* Manage projects related to catalyst characterization
* Propose new capital investments
* Participate in knowledge transfer
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned
* Work constructively with other Clariant groups
* Maintain proper housekeeping and ensure EHSA compliance
* Participate in 5S events, performance dialogues and other teamwork activities
* Advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
* Eight or more years of industrial laboratory experience
* Skilled in Microsoft Office, Outlook, SAP, LIMS, statistical software, scientific software
* Detailed knowledge of established characterization methods (see above)
* Must be highly self-driven and independent
* Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED:
* Supervisory experience
* Experience in Lean Sigma and DFSS (Clariant Excellence)
* Knowledge of advanced characterization techniques (TEM, EXAFS, SS-NMR, XPS, AFM, SAXS, Operando/In-situ, synchrotron methods)
* Learn more about Clariant
* Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
* Our commitment to people - download our Employment Standards Brochure
Clariant ensures by adequate and documented processes, mechanisms, and policies that all employees are treated equal irrespective of gender, race, nationality, culture, religion, age, political views, or disability. With regard to the zero-tolerance approach of Clariant against any form of discrimination, regional and country HR departments have to ensure avoidance or elimination of any discrimination in work-related activities, particularly regarding remuneration, training, vocational guidance, and social security. Globally, the average basic salary of female employees was 96 % of that of the average male employee in 2017.