Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
ICON Government and Public Health Solutions specializes in preclinical through phase IV support of clinical research and clinical trial services for biologics, drugs, and devices. We help our customers get their products to market faster with a wide array of research, regulatory, and sponsor services both within the US and around the globe and respond rapidly to global health crises.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which center on our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
* As a Manager, the employee is expected to recognize the importance of and create a culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
* Facilitate strategic planning and risk assessment, by managing the development and delivery of appropriate contingency activities in the context of the budget, time, resources and value targets and in accordance with SOPs
* Establish and maintain a "sense of urgency" within areas of responsibility to assure rapid, in-depth evaluation and, where appropriate, development of internal and external opportunities while not sacrificing scientific excellence, quality/compliance or agreed upon timelines.
* Provide assistance to any project staff with regard to report writing, document filing and archiving and Quality Control.
* Maintain confidentiality of management information as appropriate.
* To undertake other reasonably related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Project Management Operations (PMO)
* Manage a portfolio consisting of high complexity/high-profile, global, full-service, multi-center projects and the overall process of planning, scheduling and controlling the project from initiation to project closeout to ensure timely completion of the project in a manner that is consistent with the Project/Program Management role. This includes key elements of the following:
* Project/Program Management
* Project Accounting
* Stakeholder Management
* Business Development/Commercial Awareness
* Client Management
* Document Management
* Develop fit-for-purpose resourcing and planning solutions that will be utilized across the PMO to effectively manage studies and ultimately improve key performance metrics.
* Represents PMO on internal and external meetings.
* Takes on additional responsibilities to enhance the overall PM team tools and practices when required.
* Works with Senior Director to recruit high talented staff.
* Verify that all project targets, timelines, budgets and requirements are met per scope of work. Provide guidance to PMs on proper identification of changes in scope of work and proper communication of those changes with internal and external key stakeholders.
* Ensures compliance with all applicable government, corporate, and client policies, regulations, and standards.
* Maintains proper communications with other departments to ensure a cohesive and collaborative team approach.
* Serves as line manager for program/project managers and other PMO staff.
* Recruit, train and retain a Project Management Team comparable in quality and effectiveness to the best in the pharmaceutical industry.
* Provides coaching and timely constructive feedback for all direct reports. Identifies and implements corrective actions where appropriate.
* Monitors individual and team key performance metrics against targets as outlined per departmental standards to ensure targets are achieved.
* Build and maintain the performance and effectiveness of project management and the project teams, including regular checks on team health and identification and resolution (including escalation to the appropriate level) of team performance issues.
* Cross trains staff to ensure staff rotation and coverage of gaps in assignments as required.
* Support PM staff by providing consistent guidance, training, tools and project support to improve the PMs' ability to focus on overall project management, planning and customer service.
* Development and review of project strategy, timelines, and budgets as part of proposal development and pre-award activities.
* Oversees and participates in the preparation and maintenance of study-related documentation. Examples of these documentation include, but are not limited to, bid defense materials, protocols, project management plans, procedural manuals, timelines, institutional review board documents, and project metric reports.
* Provides clients with regular study updates and communicate study progress to clients and in a responsible and professional manner.
* Serves as a primary interface for the path of escalation with clients in managing performance concerns. Prioritizes those concerns and ensures visibility, traction and ultimate closure of those concerns.
* Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, investigators, and research staff.
Candidates for positions under ICON Government and Public Health Solutions contracts with the Department of Defense (DoD) may be required to pass one or more background/security investigations conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army, or other Federal Government agency.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)