Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Codes, debugs and tests software applications using provided specifications. Maintains assigned applications, conducts problem research and resolution and unit testing of software releases.
Auto req ID
Knowledge and Skills
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: WEB
• Beginner Level Java Programming
• Understand Object Oriented Development Concepts
• Understand Web Development Concepts
• Basic JSP
• Knowledge of basic SQL commands
• Understand database structure and concepts
• Basic Mobile Development (iPhone, Android, Windows, HTML 5)
• Basic Source Control knowledge (SVN)
• Basic Knowledge of Web Content Management System
• Prefer Adobe CQ Experience
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: BAS CORE
• Beginner Level C++ and C# skills
•Basic understanding of database structure and concepts
• Basic understanding of the .Net Framework
• Basic problem solving and analytical skills
• Basic Source Control knowledge (SVN)
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: SYSTEMS INTEGRATION
• Novice level XML, XSD, WSDL, BPEL
• Novice level Web service standards (SOAP and REST)
• Novice level Java
• Nice to have Websphere Integration Developer
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: HIPPA/EDI
• Novice level .NET development frameworks (C#, VB)
• Novice level SQL (Sybase, SQL Server)
• Nice to have EDI standards (HIPAA, X12, XML)
• Nice to have Trading Partner Gateways knowledge and experience
• Nice to have EcMap Translation Software
• Nice to have Websphere Message Broker
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: FINANCE
• Working knowledge of SQL, HTML, CSS, Java script
• Must have experience with (Java, JSP) or any one of (ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET)
• Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and solution designs
• Desire to adapt and learn new development technologies (e.g., WebSphere Message Broker)
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft and the PeopleTools Suite (PeopleSoft developer only)
NICE TO HAVE
• Experience with developing SOA technical designs and specifications
• Experience with ORM(Object Relational Map) tools
•Knowledge of source control tools such as Subversion or Team Foundation Server
• Strong interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with COBOL and JCL Strong Business Analytical and Design skills
• Knowledge of source control tools such as Subversion or Team Foundation Server
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple assignments
simultaneously while maintaining quality standards and meeting assigned deadlines.
At BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York, we believe in passion, excellence, and respect. Employees enjoy guaranteed career development opportunities, robust health care coverage, and work-life programs to help them thrive in every stage of their lives. We give back to Western New York through programs and volunteer work that have the greatest impact on the health of the community we serve. As the region's strongest community-based, not-for-profit health plan, BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York aims to inspire and help our members achieve their best health and wellness. Join us in building a healthier future in the place we call home.
BlueCross BlueShield of WNY
Full Time Regular
Bachelors Degree (Computer Information Systems) or related field.
• In addition to the bachelor's degree, requires one (1) year of relevant developer experience.
• In lieu of a bachelor's degree, requires a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a developer role.
• Prior experience in a healthcare organization is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must be able to work in an office environment Must have ability and access to work from remote location such as home Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, fax machine, printer, copier, filing cabinet, etc) Physical Effort: Minimum; typical of most office work. Mostly sedentary work. Prolonged Sitting Vision Req: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) Weight: lift/carry/push/pull under 10 lbs.
Required Education:Bachelors Degree (Computer Information Systems)
Position Posting Location