Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
The Asset Protection Agent's primary responsibility is to monitor and protect Distribution / Refurb property, assets, customers and employees through proper utilization of specified procedures and enforcement of security, safety rules and regulations. The Asset Protection Agent works under general supervision. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.t works under general supervision. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Reduce DC / Refurb losses created by external and internal theft.
* Respond quickly, within GameStop expectations, to emergencies and possible confrontations of a volatile nature.
* Conduct security patrols in specified areas, identify deficiencies, vulnerabilities or safety violations, and develop and implement corrective actions.
* Prevent loss of or damage to merchandise/building or injury to associates by monitoring in-house security and surveillance systems; ensure that monitoring equipment, such as CCTV and alarm systems, is functioning appropriately.
* Control access to property, screening all incoming and outgoing traffic, ensuring that only appropriate personnel are able to gain access to and from the distribution center and/or Store Support Center.
* When instructed, participate in internal theft investigations in accordance with the organization's Loss Prevention Internal Theft Investigation and Confidentiality Guidelines.
* Report findings of investigations in writing to the Assistant DC LP Manager for appropriate disposition.
* Monitor inbound and outbound trailers at the security gate to ensure safety of normal operations.
* Information Monitoring - Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
* Managing Conflict - Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
* Safety Intervention - Follows regulations and safety procedures and asks others to follow them to ensure safety of organization. Continually monitors and checks equipment to ensure optimal safety compliance. Reports and/or corrects unsafe working conditions until resolved.
* Stress Tolerance - Stays focused on work tasks and productively uses time and energy when under stress. Presents a positive disposition and maintains constructive interpersonal relationships even when under stress.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* Must be at least 18 years of age and present state required proof of age documents.
* Previous experience working in a loss prevention position preferred
* High School Diploma or GED preferred
* Ability to bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders
* Available to work for extended periods (up to 8 hours per day, 6 or 7 days a week)
* Must be able to walk and stand for 8 hours or more a day, especially during high-activity periods throughout the year
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Communicate effectively with others, with widely varied responsibilities, using written and spoken English
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Working knowledge of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
* Possess the dexterity to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical equipment without assistance
* Ability to work under demanding time constraints and workflow
* Ability to understand and comply with all GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, those related to attendance, safety, conflict of interest, confidentiality, honesty and ethical conduct.