Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Role and Responsibilities
The Business Intelligence Reports Developer is one of the key roles in the organization with responsibilities to create and manage BI and analytics solutions for our customers. The BI reports developer will design reporting solutions that extract data synthesized by Emerson’s core products and transform it into knowledge.
In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis, preferably with experience related to the Oil & Gas industry. You should be analytical, with superb attention to detail and an excellent communicator.
This is a hands-on position where you will create and enforce project specific standards, augment and enhance our solutions and estimate level of effort for initiatives across multiple project implementations. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and a self-motivated professional, able to work independently and as part of a project delivery team. The ideal candidate should have at a minimum 3 years of IT related experience with extensive experience in reports development. Exposure and/or experience in cloud computing as well as exposure and/or experience in the Oil & Gas industry is a plus. Experience in technical implementations in a project driven, client-facing or a similar role is also a plus.
Job Responsibilities include:
· Design, develop and maintain business intelligence reports solutions.
· Visually present structured data through printable, exportable and onscreen reports.
· Develop, manage, and implement deliverables as part of our cross-functional teams that are focused on implementing our products for the Oil and Gas industry.
· Translate business needs to technical specifications.
· Efficiently utilize analytical skills to demonstrate understanding of our customers’ specific requests and requirements.
· Support existing implementation and conducting internal R&D initiatives, analysis, query tuning and performance optimization on BI solutions.
· Deep commitment to quality, self-improvement, and team-oriented development.
· Review, analyze and execute functional and technical design BI specifications.
· Participate in functional, regression and performance testing of BI solutions.
· Track and triage reported functional. Technical and performance issues.
· Place emphasis on timely execution, on budget delivery and high customer satisfaction.
· Gather and document client business processes and requirements.
· Interact with different client groups to provide support and technical advice.
· Adhere to the company’s business procedures and objectives.
· Demonstrate superior collaboration and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrate and maintain good work ethics, judgment, communication skills and decision-making skills.
· Write up BI reports handover documentation and provide knowledge transfer as needed.
· Organize and perform client training sessions (formal and informal).
· Participate in knowledge sharing and training sessions to other team members.
· Provide post-go-live functional and technical support to multiple projects.
· Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team on multiple projects while maintaining balance.
· Demonstrate self-motivation, hunger for knowledge and desire to learn.
Experience and Education Requirements
· Create and execute T-SQL queries upon request for data.
· Design, compile, debug and performance tune SQL stored procedures.
· Experience in design of reports visualized through web-based applications.
· 5+ years of IT experience in Business Intelligence development.
· 4+ years of experience with BI tools such as Crystal Reports and Microsoft SSRS, Excel, Power BI.
· 4+ years of experience with SQL Server, T-SQL and query design is required.
· Solid understanding of T-SQL, stored procedure design and database performance and query optimization is essential.
· Exposure to development of web-based applications and reports integration.
· Administration experience in SQL Server 2012 or later is a plus.
· Experience with Oracle and/or other relational database management systems is a plus.
· Experience with NoSQL databases, like MongoDB, is also a plus.
· Exposure to Azure and/or other cloud computing platforms is a plus.
· Must be passionate about technology and applying it to business processes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or technical equivalent.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
· Experience with project lifecycles from requirements to support transition.
· Strong communication, presentation and collaboration skills.
· Attention to detail and exemplary organizational skills.
· Oil & Gas experience is preferred.
· Visio and/or other ERD tools, MS-Access, MS-Project experience is a plus.
· Intermediate to Expert in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
· Action Oriented, Being Resilient, Drives Results
· Up to 10% travel - Must be willing and able to participate in local and international travel to customer facilities for requirement gathering and/or raining visits.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.