Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
Job ID: 16894
The Finance Manager is an essential member of the PDS Finance team responsible for the timely preparation of division financial reports, forecasting and budgeting. The incumbent will participate in the assurance of GAAP compliant accounting practices and accounting records. This position reports directly to the PDS Business Unit Controller.
Directs, coordinates and participates in the preparation of annual budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation. Recommends course corrections.
• Completes monthly financial closings, forecasting and required financial reporting.
• Evaluate results of operations, trends, etc. and recommend courses of action and policy changes beneficial to the operation.
• Work with Supply Chain/Operations to develop & maintain standard cost system
• Work with Production to plan, coordinate and assist reconciliation of cycle counts and physical inventories. Supervise the physical counts, monitor results with the team, understand differences, and review results with management.
• Works with other finance staff members to improve on financial reporting processes.
• Partner with Business Unit Managers and their staff to deliver the business goals.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting and/or Finance
• MBA preferred
• CPA preferred
• Seven to twelve years related experience and/or training, with minimum five years as a manager/assistant controller preferred
• Manufacturing Finance experience in a mid-sized to large company required, along with strong Business Partnership skills.
• Demonstrated strong understanding of GAAP and Cost Accounting.
• Experience supporting audits including internal, external, SOX and tax.
• Computer skills to include Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Hyperion Enterprise and Oracle experience a plus. Experience in Oracle implementations desired.
• Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Experience a plus.
• A key requirement is the ability to be hands on with the ability to see the big picture.
• Prefer an individual with Government contract accounting, familiarity with Federal Acquisitions Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) highly desirable.
• Strong communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills.
• Well organized and self-directed with the ability to relate to all level of an organization. Attention to detail, very strong work ethic and high energy. Must be a team player and have ability to work in a matrix organizational environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines. Strong planning skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff, set goals and objectives. Proven ability to select talent and develop subordinates.
• The right person will be ambitious and flexible who wants to learn and grow professionally and whom is willing to relocate in the future.
• Travel: Minimal
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.