POSITION - Union: Representative-Customer Relations Call Center
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 13
LOCATION: CMP-ME-Augusta General Office
Handles all phases of customer inquiries received by telephone or by correspondence (written or electronic); processes applications for service and extension of facilities. Responds to customer inquiries and complaints (i.e. bill payment, usage inquiries, account updates, service, credit and collections) in a customer focused manner. Responds to maintenance concerns and emergencies during storm restoration.
Resolves customer problems and complaints utilizing established procedures and policies, which include regulatory guidelines (customer may include: attorney, collection vendors, and/or insurance companies). Records on line entries of customer transactions into set operating systems.
Provides account information to customers and explains bill service policies and customer rights.
Able to work effectively with all areas of the Company to obtain pertinent information to serve customer.
Conducts credit and collection work as necessary, including deposits, final/charge off collection, Sundry and Legal.
Receives and logs customer inquiries, complaints, and requests for adjustments on residential and small business or industrial accounts.
Initiates service orders, WMS orders and performs associated action, as requested.
Skills and Requirements
• High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
• Associate's Degree, BA/BS in related field of study is preferred.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written, Strong customer service orientation.
• Able to coordinate multiple tasks for multiple customers in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Able to work flexible schedule, as well as be available during storm/emergency situations.
• Works well within a team.
• MS Office skills.
• CSSGUI, WMS, Sundry Billing (where applicable).
• Knowledge of billing, collections and filed tariffs is a plus.
• Knowledge of MPUC Chapter 815, understanding of legal process/credit reporting requirements bankruptcy codes and rules (where applicable).
• Must be pre-qualified for this position. Applicants may take pre-qualification test at the time of posting.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearest Major Market: Waterville Nearest Secondary Market: Augusta Maine