A Fleet Technician is committed to safety and safe work practices. These individuals are responsible to ensure the safety of themselves, coworkers, the general public, and Company property. They know and apply principles of fleet vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance to support utility operations and are sensitive to the hazards involved in these disciplines. They demonstrate the ability to competently and effectively perform the duties of their job including the skills to perform all aspects of fleet vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance. They work closely with others in a team environment including interaction with coworkers, customers, agencies, and trade allies in the performance of their duties.
1. Safely and effectively performs any and all work associated with fleet vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance to support utility operations.
2. Will be expected to acquire necessary knowledge and skills to perform increasingly complex work appropriate to their level of training and experience.
3. Must have at least two years experience in vehicle and fleet equipment repair and maintenance or the equivalent.
4. Must be able to understand and diagnose problems related to fleet vehicles and equipment and perform the work to correct these problems.
Skills and Requirements
In addition to possessing the specific qualifications for each job, each employee should demonstrate the ability to meet these general requirements, which include:
1. Have a satisfactory work record.
2. Execute the physical requirements to perform their job.
3. Pass job tests, obtain licenses and certificates, and computer skills applicable to the work performed.
4. Follow instructions and function in a team environment including effective interaction with supervisors, coworkers, customers, agencies, and trade allies.
5. Respond to calls outside of regular hours in all types of weather and be available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to assist or respond to applicable emergency situations as able.
6. Comply with the rules of the Company, as applicable.
7. Ensure the safety of self, coworkers, the general public, and Company property.
8. Represent the Company in a professional manner.
9. Must have obtained a high school diploma or GED.
10. A completion certificate from an appropriate technical college, union training program, or military technical training school or equivalent is a pre-requisite for the following positions:
b. Fleet Technician
d. Construction Technician
e. Metal Technicianc
11. Must have a valid driver's license and possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL or other certifications or licenses required for the specific job. All Company employees who require a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) to perform their job will be required to initiate the process to obtain a license within 6 months of accepting a position with the CDL requirement. The employee and management must then collaborate to ensure appropriate training so that the employee can obtain the CDL within 12 months.
12. Employees already employed as of May 31, 2013 are exempt from item (10) when posting for or transferring to another position, provided they have demonstrated previous experience within that specific discipline or department.
13. Employees listed in items (10) are exempt from the requirements in item (10) in their current position as of May 31, 2013.
14. Perform other less skilled or related work associated with their job classification.
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com