A Service Technician is committed to safety and safe work practices. These individuals are responsible to ensure the safety of themselves, coworkers, the general public, and Company property. They know and apply the fundamentals of electricity and are sensitive to the hazards involved in this discipline. They ensure the safety and reliability of the electric system. They demonstrate the ability to competently and effectively perform the duties of their job including the skills to perform the operation, maintenance, and construction of the low voltage electric systems and all meter systems and the operation and application of field customer service. They work closely with others in a team environment including interaction with employees, customers, agencies, and trade allies in the performance of their duties. They may be required to obtain licenses or certifications applicable to the work performed.
1. Safely and effectively performs any and all work associated with the operation, maintenance and construction of low voltage electric systems and all meter
2. Installation of new meters and service connections when applicable.
3. Directs the work of others assisting in this work.
4. Must have had at least two years experience in the operation, maintenance and construction of electric systems and all meter systems and/or have completed
a related formal training program and/or the ability to demonstrate these skills on an appropriate test.
5. Must be able to understand and diagnose problems related to low voltage electric systems and all meter systems and perform the work to correct these
Skills and Requirements
General Requirements (addition may apply, do not apply to all positions):
In addition to possessing the specific qualifications for each job, each employee should demonstrate the ability to meet these general requirements, which include:
1. MUST HAVE AN ASSOCIATE'S DEGREE IN AN ELECTRIC ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY TO BE CONSIDERED.
2. Have a satisfactory work record.
3. Execute the physical requirements to perform their job.
4. Pass job tests, obtain licenses and certificates, and computer skills applicable to the work performed.
5. Follow instructions and function in a team environment including effective interaction with supervisors, coworkers, customers, agencies, and trade allies.
6. Respond to calls outside of regular hours in all types of weather and be available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to assist or respond to applicable
emergency situations as able.
7. Comply with the rules of the Company, as applicable.
8. Ensure the safety of self, coworkers, the general public, and Company property.
9. Represent the Company in a professional manner.
10. Must have obtained a high school diploma or GED.
11. Must have a valid driver's license and possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL or other certifications or licenses required for the specific job.
12. Perform other less skilled or related work associated with their job classification.
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com