Primarily assists the Fitter A / Mechanic A to whom she or he is assigned.
1. Assists in all assignments within the Service Department.
2. Drives Company vehicles.
3. Works on ladders at various heights.
4. Performs all duties as assigned by the Fitter A/Mechanic A.
Skills and Requirements
1. Appropriate strength and physical condition to carry out lifting and other physical characteristics of the job.
2. Must display knowledge of safety procedures and rules of the Company.
3. Must have the ability to make written, legible, and accurate reports of all services performed.
4. Must have the ability to advance to Service Technician A.
5. Must have appropriate Connecticut driver's license.
6. Must have technical knowledge in basic electronics and must demonstrate good mechanical aptitude, either through appropriate education, technical training, and/or equivalent work experience (see written agreement).
7, Must have received formal education/training in either of the Plumbing/HVAC/Electrical skilled trades.
8. Possess a State of CT G/P/D/E/S trade license.
NOTE: The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identification and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. The duties set forth are not for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work to any particular classification; they do not contain duties of a similar or less skilled nature normally performed under a job title.
AVANGRID employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearest Major Market: New Haven Nearest Secondary Market: Hartford