Shift Details: Monday- Friday 9am-5pm
The Day Porter role in the company is responsible for the daily, on site, janitorial tasks at a defined customer facility or office.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Include the following key areas and duties, which may be modified or increased as necessary:
PRIMARY RESULTS ACCOUNTABLE FOR ACHIEVING:
- Fill all spray bottles with the germicide needed to clean and sterilize.
- Clean, stock, and remove trash in each room. Replace all trash can liners..This task should be repeated multiple times during the shift.
- Mop all floors and/or vacuum all carpets
- Normal duties include but are not limited to cleaning all surfaces within the environment including walls, desks, counters, equipment and floors. As well as other areas by request.
- Shampoo rugs and clean glass as required.
Other more specific results will be assigned and measured.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and personal skills.
- Responsible for any emergency cleaning occurring during shift.
- Ability to work independently at customer job site.
- Ability to identify and resolve areas of conflict or concerns. Report to shift supervisor any items needed to be completed by next shift.
- Notify supervisor of any discrepancies in the overall condition of the environment, ie., leaking faucet, broken pipe, crack in wall or glass, etc.
- Must become familiar with cleaning chemical components and safety requirements.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
This is an entry level job, GED preferred but not required. Previous work experience preferred.
The Day Portermust have and be able to consistently apply the following skills at the levels indicated to produce assigned results.
• Communication Skills
• Customer Service Skills
• Initiative Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
A Day Porteris required to spend on-the-job time on the following physical activities:
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel
- Reach with hands or arms
The Weight or Force requirement in this position is: VISION REQUIREMENT:
- This position requires to have close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), and color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
A Day Porterwill be required to work in the following environments:
100% of the Day Porter's time is spent in the cleaning and laboratory environment.
The typical level of noise for the work environment of this position is:
Moderate Noise and medium traffic