Our Accounting department is looking for an Accounting Associate II to join their team.
The Accounting Associate II is responsible for completing assignments accurately and efficiently. This includes reconciliations, researching/resolving settlement disputes, preparing and posting journal entries to the general ledger accounts, transmitting disbursement files, and researching/resolving outstanding reconciling items. Prepares internal and external regulatory reports and filings. Analyzes reports, identifies, researches issues, and makes recommendations for resolution.
Accounting Associate II Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconciles assigned GL accounts within deadlines, Researches and identifies details regarding outstanding entries. Resolves items within expected deadlines to ensure accurate financial reporting and minimal loss to SCCU. Assists Accounting Associate I with reconciliations as needed.
- Balances more complex accounts such as Fixed Assets, Loan Pass through Fees (i.e. appraisal fees) and ACH Settlements. Consults with other departments/branches on out of balance conditions and assists them in resolving it.
- Prepares and processes periodic and ad-hoc financial transactions and posts them to the appropriate GL.
- Actively participates in annual and periodic audit.
- Trains other Accounting Associates I and II to ensure consistent and uniform understanding of job function.
- Reviews assigned GL accounts, prior to close, and makes necessary corrections ensuring accuracy of monthly statements.
- Completes monthly/weekly updates to various financial systems modules, such as Fixed Assets, Investments, or AP modules.
- Assists in preparing assigned complex regulatory reports (i.e. FRB 2900, NCUA 5300 Call report, Credit Card Certification Report)
- Provides as needed training to other departments regarding correct GL posting ensuring completion and compliance requirements.
- Actively participates in project teams involving transactions to ensure proper capture of financial data. Consults with software vendors regarding financial systems interfaces as needed.Proposes enhancements to work methods or procedures in order to improve process efficiency or the quality of results.
- Proposes enhancements to work methods or procedures in order to improve process efficiency or the quality of results.
Benefit eligibility is the first of the month following date of hire!
SCCU Team Member Financial Benefits:
- ONESCCU annual Bonus opportunity!
- Loan Discounts-Mortgage, Home Equity loans, Auto loans
- GAP insurance coverage at half price
- Free checking with special discounts
- Fixed low rate SCCU credit card-5.99%
- Identify Theft Protection FREE with option to add family members at a low cost
Accounting Associate II Qualifications
- Associates degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- 1 to 3 years prior experience in accounting. Associates degree in Accounting/Finance considered toward requirement.
- Ability to interpret basic accounting principles and apply them to complex financial transactions complex situations, and develop solutions.
- Ability to create and maintain complex Excel spreadsheets independently. Knowledge of Access preferred by not required.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple job tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience with accounting software and systems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
Accounting Associate II Hours –
Full-Time - Must be available Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm