Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
Westminster Woods on Julington Creek is the Natural Choice in active living. We are a five star facility located on beautiful Julington Creek in Northwest St. Johns County. Our employees work with excellence and serve with heart. We are currently seeking PRN Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work weekend 1st and 2nd shift in Assisted Living. This position provides direct nursing care to the residents and supervises day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants in accordance with state and federal standards that govern our facility. EEO/DFWP "We honor those who have served."
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Services and it's communities.
1. Assist with the evaluation of residents needs.
2. Assist with planning resident care based on MD orders.
3. Implement resident care based on MD orders. Evaluate care and communicate with MD for updates of orders (PRN).
4. Ensure that residents receive their medicine at the prescribed time by the MD order.
5. Monitor blood glucose, temperature and blood pressure.
6. Assist residents with Daily Living Activities such as bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, transfer, ambulation, toileting and other resident needs.
7. Ensure that CNAs are following MD Orders.
Education: Must be currently licensed in the State of Florida as a Licensed Practical Nurse; Must be CPR Certified
Experience and Basic Knowledge:
One year of long term care desirable. Med-Surg, Home Health experience helpful. Also experience working with the handicapped or developmentally disabled adults.
See job description