Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
We welcome all applicants who are willing to relocate. This position is available only in our Fort Lauderdale Headquarters.
About e-Builder: Founded in 1995 and based in Sunrise, Florida, e-Builder, a Trimble Company, is the pioneer of a fully integrated, cloud-based construction management software. Our client list reads as the who s, who in all our vertical markets: Facebook, Caltech, INOVA Healthcare, and Chicago Transit Authority to name just a few. As one of the fastest growing companies in South Florida, we are proud to be named a Florida Company to Watch, to be nominated as one of South Florida s best places to work and have our CEO named South Florida Business Journal s Ultimate CEO. We re excited to find innovative ways to combine technology with construction with a fun work environment. To learn more about our award-winning organization and corporate culture visit www.e-builder.net
Responsible for the full life cycle software development activities including new product releases, upgrades, functional enhancements, defect resolution, and performance improvements using sound software engineering principles and established methodologies.
Job Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
* Build software that is a joy to use! - Easy, intuitive, and allows users to accomplish their work more efficiently than without the software.
* Participate in all aspects of product development as needed, from requirements analysis through product release utilizing Agile methodology.
* Assist with testing strategies, conditions and evaluation of expected results.
* Develop and communicate implementation approach for assigned projects.
* Regularly and proactively communicate status, risks, and other issues related to projects that are under development.
* Update Jira issues and participate in reviews
* All other duties as assigned.
* Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Design.
* Experience with Design Patterns and/or Domain Driven Design.
* Experience implementing architecture patterns like MVC, n-tier, SOA, etc. a plus.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* REST API development on C#/.NET/ASMX/WCF web services.
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or other relational databases.
* Familiarity with frameworks like AngularJS, ReactJS, MS Entity Framework, etc. a plus.
* Exposure to NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, Dynamo, etc. a plus.
* Experience using agile development practices like TDD, BDD, pair programming and automated builds.
* Experience developing high-volume web applications.
* Ability to communicate effectively with management, other engineers, and internal and external customers.
* Problem solving skills.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex technical documents, diagrams, data models, and process documents.
* Ability to write business and technical specification documents that convey complex analysis and solutions clearly and concisely.
* Ability to learn quickly and meet high expectations.
* Customer focused with excellent follow through on commitments.
* Bachelor s degree on computer science, software engineering or related field.
* Working experience as a senior software engineer will be consider in place of a degree.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience working on software development environments.
* Business knowledge of the construction industry highly desirable.
If you can accomplish the above, then you have what it takes to be a successful Software Engineer here at e-Builder!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace